Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 425 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
Sword Art Online Dub

I didn't see anything on this so I figured I'd inform everyone.
Sword Art Online is getting a dub, here's the link:

In my honest opinion, they butchered it like every other dub does, Asuna sounds like a 5 year old and Kirito sounds like he got punched in the adams apple.

Dubs are usually terrible. I am convinced it is because non-Japanese (or at least most) voice actors fail to take the acting seriously. The characters almost always sound younger in dubs. This isn't always true though, since some anime (like Cowboy Bebop) have amazing dubs.

Quote:(05-14-2013, 07:01 PM)Der Anarchist Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Dubs are usually terrible. I am convinced it is because non-Japanese (or at least most) voice actors fail to take the acting seriously. The characters almost always sound younger in dubs. This isn't always true though, since some anime (like Cowboy Bebop) have amazing dubs.

Sadly enough you are correct, I mean in this anime (I think it was Love Hina?) She was crying and the voice actor in it said in a completely monotone voice " But I love you don't leave me " That's what got me into subs.

Quote:(05-14-2013, 07:01 PM)Der Anarchist Wrote:

I would certainly hope Asuna and Kirito wouldn't sound older. When SAO began they were 12/13 or was it 13/14? So they are young, puberty hasn't kicked in. Though Asuna's voice sounds too young in my opinion, Kirito's is perfectly fine. I normally stay away from dubbed versions, Code Geass being an exemplary exception. One anime I can see being ight with a dub is Highschool of the Dead, I watched it subbed and it seemed to take it all too seriously, whereas I hear the dub was more relaxed, and more comical. Which is nice cause the anime sucked, and was more comical.

Cowboy Bebop has a good dub? Might have to watch it dubbed when I get around to it ^-^

Quote:(05-14-2013, 08:41 PM)Silica Wrote:

Quote: (05-14-2013, 07:01 PM)Der Anarchist Wrote:

I would certainly hope Asuna and Kirito wouldn't sound older. When SAO began they were 12/13 or was it 13/14? So they are young, puberty hasn't kicked in. Though Asuna's voice sounds too young in my opinion, Kirito's is perfectly fine. I normally stay away from dubbed versions, Code Geass being an exemplary exception. One anime I can see being ight with a dub is Highschool of the Dead, I watched it subbed and it seemed to take it all too seriously, whereas I hear the dub was more relaxed, and more comical. Which is nice cause the anime sucked, and was more comical.

Cowboy Bebop has a good dub? Might have to watch it dubbed when I get around to it ^-^

Not sure when puberty kicked in for you, but for me it was around 13, Kirito was 14 at the start of the Aincrad arc and Asuna was 15.

Quote:(05-14-2013, 08:50 PM)Faralen Wrote:

Quote: (05-14-2013, 08:41 PM)Silica Wrote:

Quote: (05-14-2013, 07:01 PM)Der Anarchist Wrote:

Not sure when puberty kicked in for you, but for me it was around 13, Kirito was 14 at the start of the Aincrad arc and Asuna was 15.

Puberty kicked in about 13/14. Deeper voice didn't kick in till a tad later, and it's still not that deep /shrug

Ah well, I was wrong about the age, but like I said Asuna sounds too young, and Kirito sounds about right to me

I really don't know how to feel about this dub.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of good dubs out there.

HOTD, Shuffle, ect..

But most of them are kind of messed up.

Quote:(05-16-2013, 03:17 AM)Kopfschuss Wrote:

It was bound to happen. Maybe the fact that SAO is getting a dub means the blu-ray sales did superb enough for Aniplex to take notice.

Certainly won't be rewatching it just to listen to interns stumble over their lines, but this gives me hope for the GGO arc to be animated. It's all I wanted to begin with.

Yeah. To be honest, I think it is the publicity that makes me happy. Since many adaptations don't receive nearly as much attention as they deserve, it is great to see that they are catering to western audiences. With that in mind, you are probably right in saying the Gun Gale arc will be animated. Now the only question is when it will be finished.