Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 347 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
Tales of the Sea | Drawing | «The Seaside» re-make

Quote:(08-25-2016, 11:59 AM)Crovus Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (08-25-2016, 11:47 AM)VirtusGraphics Wrote:

For the sake of showing, I took a photo of it made it black and white.
It's actually natural (vingette and noisewise), and the paper isn't really 100% white. In combination with a poor lamp, as I could not be arsed to set up the lamps at night, it was very yellow.

Yes, but it is not dark brown with gray mixed in. That and there is no such thing as "natural vignette or noise". Its an effect by digital media, and the image you showcase in this thread has both of them. The noise might not be intentional, but the vignette is. (That or you use a stock texture for the background without noticing the vignette.)

Oh you're talking about the preview image up there?
Only thing I did with that was make it black-and-white, thne add some black overlaying to it.
Also by «Its an effect by digital media», are you implying that it is only achieveable as an effect after the picture is taken?
[Image: U08tIk.png]

Quote:(08-25-2016, 01:35 PM)VirtusGraphics Wrote:

Oh you're talking about the preview image up there?
Only thing I did with that was make it black-and-white, thne add some black overlaying to it.
Also by «Its an effect by digital media», are you implying that it is only achieveable as an effect after the picture is taken?
[Image: U08tIk.png]

Then yes, you didn't specify what you did with the image. As you stated earlier when @217 asked:

Quote:Only drawn on paper and that's it.

That is the answer I was after, because it was painfully obvious that you didn't just hand-draw it and the post it here. (As I said, painfully accurate.)

Also, the digital media thing. "Noise" and "Vignette" are achieved through the use of a medium. Certainly, you can make a sheet of paper appear to have "noise" with drawing and such, though it won't be "noise". Vignette, as we know it in photo is achieved either as the image is taken or after. But it is still a product of digital media. As it doesn't exist outside of it. (If you use light or other tricks to achieve it, then it will be apparent on the image, not in real life.)

Quote:(08-25-2016, 01:41 PM)Crovus Wrote:

(...)
Also, the digital media thing. "Noise" and "Vignette" are achieved through the use of a medium. Certainly, you can make a sheet of paper appear to have "noise" with drawing and such, though it won't be "noise". Vignette, as we know it in photo is achieved either as the image is taken or after. But it is still a product of digital media. As it doesn't exist outside of it. (If you use light or other tricks to achieve it, then it will be apparent on the image, not in real life.)

… but that's like replying to someone that says «Brr, it's cold» with «THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS COLD. JUST ABSENCE OF HEAT»
Like ok, but common...

Quote:(08-25-2016, 02:09 PM)Crovus Wrote:

Quote: (08-25-2016, 02:06 PM)VirtusGraphics Wrote:

… but that's like replying to someone that says «Brr, it's cold» with «THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS COLD. JUST ABSENCE OF HEAT»
Like ok, but common...

That was a horrible example, even for my standards. (If you've read my examples, then you'd know how bad they can be.) There isn't an absence of anything here. You stated you only drew it and didn't alter it further in Photoshop afterwards. Which you did. So there is that.

No it's not.
«It's actually natural (vingette and noisewise)»
«there is no such thing as "natural vignette or noise". Its an effect by digital media»
That's stating the obvious in a different way that would imply something to be wrong.
For example when someone says it's cold then that may be true. However technically it's false because it's absence of heat — but that's what we refer to as cold …

I didn't really do any improvements on the artwork itself, which is my perception of the question he asked. I did not. I only altered the way it is displayed, not the artwork itself. Doesn't really matter since it is quite obvious.

Quote:(08-25-2016, 02:06 PM)VirtusGraphics Wrote:

Like ok, but common...

That was a horrible example, even for my standards. (If you've read my examples, then you'd know how bad they can be.) There isn't an absence of anything here. You stated you only drew it and didn't alter it further in Photoshop afterwards. Which you did. So there is that.

[Image: eoWKrtd.png]

Fixed da grammar

Quote:(08-25-2016, 02:20 PM)VirtusGraphics Wrote:

No it's not.
«It's actually natural (vingette and noisewise)»
«there is no such thing as "natural vignette or noise". Its an effect by digital media»
That's stating the obvious in a different way that would imply something to be wrong.
For example when someone says it's cold then that may be true. However technically it's false because it's absence of heat — but that's what we refer to as cold …

Regardless of how bad of an example you use, the fact remains the same. You do have a vignette on the image. There is no such thing as "natural vignette" as explained earlier. Again, your example remains a bad one.

Quote:(08-25-2016, 02:20 PM)VirtusGraphics Wrote:

I didn't really do any improvements on the artwork itself, which is my perception of the question he asked. I did not. I only altered the way it is displayed, not the artwork itself. Doesn't really matter since it is quite obvious.

Improvement is subjective. @217 asked if you tweaked the image further in Photoshop, which you dismissed and said that you only drew it by hand, that was it. While you did admit that you did do further tweaks on the image afterwards. (Minor editing and minor tweaks holds the exact same meaning btw.) You perception of English language doesn't matter as long as it is wrong by definition, which in this case it is. He asked if you edited it afterwards, you stated no.

Why have I been mentioned so many times in this........

Quote:(08-26-2016, 04:42 AM)Silence Wrote:

Why have I been mentioned so many times in this........

Because u da cutest.

And on topic, it looks nice. I wish I could draw on paper :C

Most of your projects are amazing, especially your glass printing.
Good job.