Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 658 Vote(s) - 3.53 Average
The best way to compile a .sln file

I was looking for a way to compile a .sln file on Debian, being that online resources are highly limited and/or outdated.
I've already tried XBuild and installing VS on Wine but nothing was successful.

Quote:(12-28-2021, 03:43 PM)vhirp Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I was looking for a way to compile a .sln file on Debian, being that online resources are highly limited and/or outdated.

Wine is the issue. It has libraries that don't work half of the time. Why install a *nix OS just to install proprietary software? That kind of defeats the entire purpose of using it. The are other IDEs that are free and work completely on Linux without the use of sketchy warez.

Nevertheless, the answer to your question is that you can open the file in the Visual Studio program where it was created as a settings file for a project. It's a file only usable with that program. You can, however use any other reasonably safe IDE or even notepad, to open and read the contents of it.

Quote:(12-28-2021, 06:11 PM)vittring Wrote:

Quote: (12-28-2021, 03:43 PM)vhirp Wrote:

Wine is the issue. It has libraries that don't work half of the time. Why install a *nix OS just to install proprietary software? That kind of defeats the entire purpose of using it. The are other IDEs that are free and work completely on Linux without the use of sketchy warez.

Nevertheless, the answer to your question is that you can open the file in the Visual Studio program where it was created as a settings file for a project. It's a file only usable with that program. You can, however use any other reasonably safe IDE or even notepad, to open and read the contents of it.

I agree with what vittring says! Especially for the part "why install *nix OS just to install proprietary software". Instead of just hooking up Wine and wasting huge amounts of spaces just for the windows libraries, either you install a virtual machine emulator OR get another PC beside your current PC. It will make life easier and you wouldn't screw up your current linux os.