Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 788 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
The very first open source program I published

So years ago (2007) I wrote a simple notepad application, which at the time had one feature that nothing else had at that point: the ability to edit multiple files using the same window. Tabs hadn't really existed at that point, so the program actually used a sort of window manager (A MDI) to do it. I ended up publishing the stable version of this editor in 2009 on google code, but eventually they sunset that project and I lost track of it forever. It was written in C++ and was (and still is) ultra lightweight. I Even pretended to make up my own file extension (.ptx) and that was the default for the app.

Tonight while browsing the internet I managed to stumble across

[To see links please register here]

, which is one of those rehosting websites that usually end up with cracked or out of date programs and that normally piss me off. Well, this program happens to be my exact program from 2009. I managed to use this and eventually found the source code that I published a decade ago as well. I downloaded and ran the file from that site (in wine), and it all looked fine, so it's trustworthy. Furthermore a binary diff of the file downloaded there and one I just compiled from source says they're identical, so it's clear.
[Image: qcrZmTc.png]. Of course, if you want to download the source zip (unmodified since 2009) and compile it yourself, you can find it

, or at

I would take screenshots and show you, but 1. my window manager would mangle it beyond recognition for you and 2. it's 27Kb, download it yourself... Yes, I know its an ultra basic program, but this was one of the very first C++ programs I ever wrote, stupidly I chose WINAPI. I already had a grasp of programming at the time from my Assembly and Perl days, but this was still a pretty big task for 11 year old me (when I was actually working on this program). Alright that's it, I just felt like sharing that with you guys

The GUI reminds me of tools I used to run In the early 2000s. I like It, It's quite neat.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Quote:(04-04-2018, 11:38 AM)mothered Wrote:

The GUI reminds me of tools I used to run In the early 2000s. I like It, It's quite neat.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

I've since gone on to make much more elegant and complex open source software, like

It's one of those outer space like exploration and task-based games.
[Image: 4CDwg5O.png]

Quote:(04-04-2018, 10:57 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Quote: (04-04-2018, 11:38 AM)mothered Wrote:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

I've since gone on to make much more elegant and complex open source software, like

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Very appealing Indeed. Certainly a notable difference between the two.

I see you've executed It on Windows 7. Is that your main flavor/version of Windows? Or perhaps a VM?

Quote:(04-05-2018, 08:49 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (04-04-2018, 10:57 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Quote: (04-04-2018, 11:38 AM)mothered Wrote:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Very appealing Indeed. Certainly a notable difference between the two.

I see you've executed It on Windows 7. Is that your main flavor/version of Windows? Or perhaps a VM?

I don't really have a "main flavor" since I don't actually use windows all that often. That was a screenshot I posted elsewhere from while I was developing it, which was pre windows 10. I personally like win10, but it still has a long way to go before it can pull me from XNU (macos/UNIX)

Quote:(04-05-2018, 08:56 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

I don't really have a "main flavor" since I don't actually use windows all that often. That was a screenshot I posted elsewhere from while I was developing it, which was pre windows 10. I personally like win10, but it still has a long way to go before it can pull me from XNU (macos/UNIX)

I know you're dedicated to UNIX/Linux and the like and will probably remain that way Indefinitely.

I was more so referring to your choice In Windows versions, and not as the primary OS. To the contrary of some users, Windows 10 Is serving me very well Indeed.