Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 459 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
"Tim Cook calls for strong US privacy law, rips 'data-industrial complex'"

[To see links please register here]

Quote:Apple CEO Tim Cook today called on the US government to pass "a comprehensive federal privacy law," saying that tech companies that collect wide swaths of user data are engaging in surveillance.

Speaking at the International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners (ICDPPC) in Brussels, Cook said that businesses are creating "an enduring digital profile" of each user and that the trade of such data "has exploded into a data-industrial complex."

"This is surveillance," Cook said. "And these stockpiles of personal data serve only to enrich the companies that collect them. This should make us very uncomfortable."
-Ars Technica
Quote:We at Apple are in full support of a comprehensive federal privacy law in the United States. There, and everywhere, it should be rooted in four essential rights:

First, the right to have personal data minimized. Companies should challenge themselves to de-identify customer data—or not to collect it in the first place.

Second, the right to knowledge. Users should always know what data is being collected and what it is being collected for. This is the only way to empower users to decide what collection is legitimate and what isn't. Anything less is a sham.

Third, the right to access. Companies should recognize that data belongs to users, and we should all make it easy for users to get a copy of, correct, and delete their personal data.

And fourth, the right to security. Security is foundational to trust and all other privacy rights.
-Tim Cook

I really appreciate and am really excited that the CEO of Apple is talking about privacy as a fundamental right and is asking for laws to enforce that even though his company can directly profit from no privacy laws. I know this is probably a power move to try and attack a direct rival's (Google) profits but it's still exciting none the less.

This comes as no surprise.
Quote:saying that tech companies that collect wide swaths of user data are engaging In surveillance.

We all have our right to privacy, and It's good to read measures are being taken to "try" and keep It that way.

Quote:(10-26-2018, 05:58 AM)mothered Wrote:

This comes as no surprise.
Quote:saying that tech companies that collect wide swaths of user data are engaging In surveillance.

We all have our right to privacy, and It's good to read measures are being taken to "try" and keep It that way.

The internet opened a can of worms that it can't ever fully close with privacy. I do, however, trust the government to do surveillance on me moreso than large corporations who will simply sell my data to the highest bidder. So even if we can never fully reclaim our privacy from the internet, I would be much happier if only the government had the freedom to do surveillance.

Quote:(10-26-2018, 09:45 PM)Tarew Wrote:

So even if we can never fully reclaim our privacy from the internet

This will never happen.

We can do our utmost best to anonymize and protect our Identity/data, but the question always Is "how safe Is your Information with a given entity?". I exploit on a daily basis, and the Information I obtain Is alarming to say the least.

This Is a huge marketing company that I recently exploited based In the US. The data stored In their back-end could be any one of us. I have full raid on their systems.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Quote:(10-27-2018, 02:51 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (10-26-2018, 09:45 PM)Tarew Wrote:

This will never happen.

We can do our utmost best to anonymize and protect our Identity/data, but the question always Is "how safe Is your Information with a given entity?". I exploit on a daily basis, and the Information I obtain Is alarming to say the least.

This Is a huge marketing company that I recently exploited based In the US. The data stored In their back-end could be any one of us. I have full raid on their systems.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

That's terrifying to say the least. The scariest part about that to me is the fact that just a single individual with a passion for hacking managed to get data like that.

Quote:(10-27-2018, 06:31 AM)Tarew Wrote:

Quote: (10-27-2018, 02:51 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (10-26-2018, 09:45 PM)Tarew Wrote:

This will never happen.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

That's terrifying to say the least. The scariest part about that to me is the fact that just a single individual with a passion for hacking managed to get data like that.

It's quite alarming.

The majority of times, by no means Is It an easy task but as you can see, It can be achieved. I can demonstrate literally hundreds of other exploitations, with data to build an Identity from the ground up within 10 minutes. Do note, this Is without any malicious Intent whatsoever.

yea companies are collecting too much data, here is an example of what facebook is willing to openly talk about, imagine what they're keeping secret?

Quote:yea companies are collecting too much data, here is an example of what facebook is willing to openly talk about, imagine what they're keeping secret?

It was no secret that companies along with the government know absolutely everything about us. Snowden said that bigtech companies like Facebook and Google are willing to share user's private data in exchange for benefits, corporate welfare, and lobbyism. It's sad.

Quote:(04-01-2021, 08:46 AM)JayWhito Wrote:

Quote:yea companies are collecting too much data, here is an example of what facebook is willing to openly talk about, imagine what they're keeping secret?

It was no secret that companies along with the government know absolutely everything about us. Snowden said that bigtech companies like Facebook and Google are willing to share user's private data in exchange for benefits, corporate welfare, and lobbyism. It's sad.

Yeah, internet privacy is a myth, even using VPNs, Tor and other things. It can't help you...

Nowadays, it isn't easy to keep personal information confidential, but it doesn't give the companies the right to sell it to third parties. We had a situation when a local telecom company shared the personal data of almost 100k people with some scammers. It drove me crazy, and I wanted to sue this company. Fortunately, with [link redacted]I successfully defended my interests in court. It seems that many did the same, and the company suffered a lot from it.