Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 423 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11. NetBeans. Pi as remote host

I am trying to run the following example code using my NetBeans IDE:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <dbus/dbus.h>

int main() {
DBusConnection *connection = NULL;
DBusError error;
char buffer[1024];

dbus_error_init(&error);
connection = dbus_bus_get(DBUS_BUS_SESSION, &error);
if (dbus_error_is_set(&error)) {
fprintf(stderr, "%s", error.message);
abort();
}

puts("This is my unique name");
puts(dbus_bus_get_unique_name(connection));
fgets(buffer, sizeof(buffer), stdin);

return 0;
}

From an excellent tutorial:
[DBUS TUTORIAL USING THE LOW-LEVEL API][1]

I have my headless Pi setup for SSH and have installed all the necessary libraries for dbus development.

however, when running the program in Netbeans I receive the following error

Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11

`/usr/bin/dbus-launch` terminated abnormally with the following error: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.

note that i have X11 forwarding enabled in my remote host properties on Netbeans

I can see that, if I SSH into the Pi myself and

echo $DISPLAY

this returns nothing, empty.

So far, I have tried:

in /etc/ssh/sshd_config
X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10
X11UseLocalhost no
AllowTcpForwarding yes

did not work.

I tried setting a run environment variable to

DISPLAY export DISPLAY=$HOSTNAME:0.0

0x212d0 "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed"
0x21fe8 "/usr/bin/dbus-launch terminated abnormally with the following error: Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.\\n"

didn’t work.

and tried

In /etc/ssh/ssh_config
ForwardX11 yes

did not work.

Is it a case of getting my Pi setup for X11 or configuring my Netbeans environment to run the program with certain parameters?

**update 30 Aug 2017:**

I did a fresh install of Debian and followed Gilles' answer:

[

[To see links please register here]

][2] ...

I can confirm:

in /etc/ssh/sshd_config
X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10

xauth is installed on the remote Pi.

I have installed XQuartz on my client mac. Upon `ssh -X pi@IPaddress`, xquartz opens and if I `echo $DISPLAY` on the remote Pi I get `localhost:12.0` ... the number changes with each terminal.

Currently, if have incorrectly set the project environment in Netbeans with:

DISPLAY=localhost:11.0

_(this is wrong because the number changes with each ssh connection to the remote Pi)._

So when I try to run the program, NetBeans will hang and I can't debug either.

My question at this stage is, how do I set the `$DISPLAY` Environment correctly for NetBeans so that each time it makes an SSH connection to the remote Pi and requests X11 forwarding, it has the correct `$DISPLAY`?

[1]:

[2]:

Autolaunch of dbus-daemon only works when under an X11 session. It is otherwise disabled because there's no way for different applications to establish a common instance of the dbus daemon.

If you want to run a dbus daemon on your pi box independently of X11, you probably should configure it to launch the dbus daemon on startup, and export the bus address in
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS environment variable.

For more info see

If on the other hand you want to use your remote X session, you need to fix your misconfigured X11 forwarding such that the DISPLAY environment variable is set correctly when you ssh into the Pi. See e.g

Expanding on **n. 1.8e9-where's-my-share m.**'s answer because this is the top result for Googling "*Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11*":

> If you want to run a dbus daemon on your pi box independently of X11, you probably should configure it to launch the dbus daemon on startup, and export the bus address in DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS environment variable.

On WSL Ubuntu 20.04:

Make sure dbus service is running:

service dbus status

Export bus address to DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS environment variable

export $(dbus-launch)

And this fixed the issue for me