Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 613 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
Unable to connect to ASP.Net Development Server issue

I am debugging [codeplex simple project][1]. I am using

- VSTS 2008
- C#
- Windows Vista x86 Enterprise.

I have not modified any code of this codeplex project, and just press F5 to run VideoPlayerWeb project.

The current issue I met with is error message --

> Unable to connect to ASP.Net Development Server.

Here is my screen snapshots when clicking F5. Any ideas what is wrong?

[![screenshot 1][2]][2]
<!-- source:

[To see links please register here]

-->

[![screenshot 2][3]][3]
<!-- source:

-->

[1]:

[2]:

[3]:

Could be a number of things...try these (check the last one first)...

- Disable IPv6
- Make sure there isnt an edit in the
hosts file for localhost
- Check firewall/virus settings to allow connections to/from
devenv.exe
- If you can preview in the browser
make sure the URL in the browser uses
the same port number as the port
number shown in the ASP.NET dev
server taskbar icon.
- Try setting a fixed, predefined port
in project properties

I got these from a couple of forums elsewhere, hopefully they can help. Good luck. Let us know what works and some more about your environment (firewall, anti virus etc) can help as well.

That is very odd! I hate to suggest something as simple as restarting Visual Studio...but that is what sounds like the best first place to start. Also, check your project settings. As you said that you just downloaded this and tried to run it...perhaps the solution/project is not set up to use the Casini server that is shipped with Visual Studio?

Here are the steps

1. 'Website' Menu in your visual studio ide.
2. select 'Start Options'
3. enable 'Use Custom Server' radio button.
4. Enter any URL you desire similar to 'http://localhost:8010/MyApp'

Note1: you can use any port number not only '8010' but not designated port numbers like 8080(tcpip),25(smtp),21(ftp) etc.,

Note2: you can use any name not only 'MyApp'

This solution works for sure unless your WebDev.Webserver.exe is physically corrupted.

I had this problem with VS 2010, and it was as simple as terminating the "WebDev.WebServer40.EXE" process. Although the icon was no longer showing in the system tray, the process was still running.

Error
1) Unable to connect Asp.net development server ?
Answer: No way find for that error

Try 1)
Step 1: Select the “Tools->External Tools” menu option in VS or Visual Web Developer. This will allow you to configure and add new menu items to your Tools menu.

Step 2: Click the “Add” button to add a new external tool menu item. Name it “WebServer on Port 8010” (or anything else you want).

Step 3: For the “Command” textbox setting enter this value: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\WebD ev.WebServer.EXE (note: this points to the

web-server that VS usually automatically runs).

Step 4: For the “Arguments” textbox setting enter this value: /port:8010 /path:$(ProjectDir) (or any port you like)

Step 5: Select the “Use Output Window” checkbox (this will prevent the command-shell window from popping up.

Once you hit apply and ok you will now have a new menu item in your “Tools” menu called “WebServer on Port 8010”. You can now select any web project in your solution

and then choose this menu option to launch a web-server that has a root site on port 8010 (or whatever other port you want) for the project.

You can then connect to this site in a browser by simply saying

. All root based references will work fine.

Step 6: The last step is to configure your web project to automatically reference this web-server when you run or debug a site instead of launching the built-in

web-server itself. To-do this, select your web-project in the solution explorer, right click and select “property pages”. Select the “start options” setting on the left, and

under server change the radio button value from the default (which is use built-in webserver) to instead be “Use custom server”. Then set the Base URL value to be:

Obviously I don't know if this is the problem you had but definitely it is something similar, essentially the problem should be that the same port used by your

Development Server is not available because it is already used by another web server.

Try 2)

Here are the steps

1. 'Website' Menu in your visual studio ide.
2. select 'Start Options'
3. enable 'Use Custom Server' radio button.
4. Enter any URL you desire similar to 'http://localhost:8010/MyApp'

Note1: you can use any port number not only '8010' but not designated port numbers like 8080(tcpip),25(smtp),21(ftp) etc.,

Note2: you can use any name not only 'MyApp'

This solution works for sure unless your WebDev.Webserver.exe is physically corrupted.

Both of not worked after that Windows repair option remain

Just change the asp.netweb development server port from automatic to a specific port
e.g 8010
That's what worked for me

1) not reflecting HttpContext in class file ?

Answer:-Most of the time when using this syntax in class file is not working
we have to add reference then it work in class file

example using system.web write this syntax in class file

System.Web.HttpContext(HttpContext is not reflecting )

after that i add refrence system web than it reflect

My solution was to turn off Internet Connection Sharing on my wireless adapter, after which it immediately worked. I made no other change. I suspect ICS's DHCP server was interfering.

None of the above solutions worked for me, but I did find one that worked: opening up the Administrative Tools/Services window and stopping the "WebClient" service. It's something of a pain to have to disable it when trying to work with my code, but it's easier than the logging off and back on I used to have to do.