Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 571 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Unfortunately MyApp has stopped. How can I solve this?

I am developing an application, and everytime I run it, I get the message:

> Unfortunately, MyApp has stopped.

What can I do to solve this?

<hr/>

*About this question - obviously inspired by

[To see links please register here]

, there are lots of questions stating that their application has crashed, without any further detail. This question aims to instruct novice Android programmers on how to try and fix their problems themselves, or ask the right questions.*

You can also get this error message on its own, without any stack trace or any further error message.

In this case you need to make sure your Android manifest is configured correctly (including any manifest merging happening from a library and any activity that would come from a library), and pay particular attention to the first activity displayed in your application in your manifest files.

You have to check the `Stack trace`

**How to do that?**

on Your IDE Check the windows form LOGCAT

If you cant see the logcat windows go to this path and open it

window->show view->others->Android->Logcat

if you are using Google-Api go to this path

*adb logcat > logcat.txt*

Just check the error in log cat.

You get the log cat option from in eclipse:

>window->show view->others->Android->Logcat

Log cat contains error.

Other wise you can also check the error by executing an application in debug mode.
Firstly set breakpoint after that by doing:
>right click on project->debug as->Android application

Use the **LogCat** and try to find what is causing the app to crash.

To see Logcat if you use **Android Studio** then Press **ALT + 6**
or

if you use **Eclipse** then
**Window -> Open Perspective -> Other - LogCat**

Go to the LogCat, from the drop down menu select error. This will contain all the required information to help you debug. If that doesn't help, post the LogCat as an edit to your question and somebody will help you out.

You can use any of these tools:

> 1. adb logcat
>
> 2. adb logcat > logs.txt (you can use editors to open and search errors.)
>
> 3. eclipse logcat (If not visible in eclipse, Go to Windows->Show View->Others->Android->LogCat)
> 4. Android Debug Monitor or Android Device Monitor(type command **monitor** or open through UI)

[![enter image description here][1]][1]
> 5. Android Studio

I suggest to use **Android Debug Monitor**, it is good. Because eclipse hangs when too many logs are there, and through adb logcat filter and all difficult.

[1]:

Check your `Logcat` message and see your `Manifest` file. There should be something missing like defining the `Activity, `User permission`, etc.

In below showToast() method you have to pass another parameter for context or application context by doing so you can try it.

public void showToast(String error, Context applicationContext){
LayoutInflater inflater = getLayoutInflater();
View view = inflater.inflate(R.layout.custom_toast, (ViewGroup)
findViewById(R.id.toast_root));
TextView text = (TextView) findViewById(R.id.toast_error);
text.setText(error);
Toast toast = new Toast(applicationContext);
toast.setGravity(Gravity.TOP | Gravity.FILL_HORIZONTAL, 0, 0);
toast.setDuration(Toast.LENGTH_SHORT);
toast.setView(view);
toast.show();
}

If your app for some reason crashes without good stacktrace. Try debug it from first line, and go line by line until crash. Then you will have answer, which line is causing you trouble. Proably you could then wrapp it into try catch block and print error output.

*This answer describes the process of retrieving the stack trace. Already have the stack trace? Read up on stack traces in "https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3988788/what-is-a-stack-trace-and-how-can-i-use-it-to-debug-my-application-errors"*

# The Problem #

Your application quit because an uncaught `RuntimeException` was thrown.
The most common of these is the [`NullPointerException`][1].

# How to solve it?#

Every time an Android application crashes (or any Java application for that matter), a `Stack trace` is written to the console (in this case, logcat). This stack trace contains vital information for solving your problem.

##Android Studio##

![Finding the stack trace in Android Studio][2]

In the bottom bar of the window, click on the `Logcat` button. Alternatively, you can press <kbd>alt</kbd>+<kbd>6</kbd>. Make sure your emulator or device is selected in the `Devices` panel. Next, try to find the stack trace, which is shown in red. There may be a lot of stuff logged into logcat, so you may need to scroll a bit. An easy way to find the stack trace is to clear the logcat (using the recycle bin on the right), and let the app crash again.

# I have found the stack trace, now what?#

Yay! You're halfway to solving your problem.
You only need to find out what exactly made your application crash, by analyzing the stack trace.

Read up on stack traces in "https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3988788/what-is-a-stack-trace-and-how-can-i-use-it-to-debug-my-application-errors"

# I still can't solve my problem! #
If you've found your `Exception` and the line where it occurred, and still cannot figure out how to fix it, don't hesitate to ask a question on StackOverflow.

Try to be as concise as possible: post the stack trace, and the *relevant* code (e.g. a few lines up to the line which threw the `Exception`).

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

[2]:

[3]: