Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 184 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Visual Studio keeps showing this message "please wait for an editor command to finish"

My projects on Visual Studio 2019 were working fine. There was an auto-update and since then, I keep getting this annoying message:

> Please wait for an editor command to finish.

Is there a solution to this?

Like as Akbar Asghari said, just delete .vs folder from project (located in the root solution, this folder is system hidden).
- Close the VS or kill the task.
- Delete the folder .vs
- Reopen solution and be happy.

When I updated and added some more Rapid XAML extension in VS 2019 I started to get this message. So I deleted these extensions and it solved the problem but I also deleted the .vs folder in the solution I was working in. However this was happening in all the solutions so I think it was the extensions that was causing the issue.

I had a simmilar issue but the other methods did not work.

I have activated **GitHub Copilot** lately. A while it worked flawlessly (I guess Copilot was watching during the first period of time). Then, the already included AI of VS2022 - namely **ItelliCode** - and Github were active at the same time and caused crashes.

When I **disabled either** IntelliCode or Copilot, I had no more crashes.

To disable **IntelliCode** you can go to **Tools->Options->IntelliCode** and disable **"C# suggestions"**.

Or disable **Copilot**: **Tools->Options->GitHub->Copilot** and set **"Enable Globally"** to false.

Version: Visual Studio Community 2022 (17.3.6)

I tried the provided solution of deleting the .vs folder from the project without success. However, my problem seemed to go away when "Automatic brace-completion" was disabled.

Note: My problem was specific to editing a small JSON file. Maybe this will help others have an idea what to look for.

[![Tools->Options->Disable Automatic brace completion][1]][1]

[1]:

Had the same problem and even after doing what Akbar Asghari said, it didn't work. Then I reset the Keyboard Shortcuts of VS22 Mac to default i.e. Visual Studio for Mac and it resolved the issue. I had set it to VSC Keybindings earlier.

[Link to Screenshot][1]

[1]:

I have fixed that problem by deleting `.vs` folder from project.

**update**

Some times `.vs` may be hidden in solution folder make it visible from `folder option`

After unchecking the box `Auto cancel long running auxiliary operations on typing` in `Tools>Options>Text Editor>Advanced` the message box does not appear anymore.
I was able to resume working normally after doing so and VS behaved normally for all the session after that.