Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 282 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
What Phone Do You Have?

Quote:(07-10-2014, 08:23 AM)Oni Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I have an HTC One M8. Sold my Galaxy S4. I was going to get a Galaxy S5, except I realized they used a plastic backing again.

If you're going to bash Android, you might as well know what you're talking about. Clearly you don't. iOS is largely based on Darwin, which is developed by Apple, and by no means Linux. You might notice that a large percentage of Sinisterly isn't fond of Apple, either.

You should judge him.

I am not saying that iOS is perfect, nor is it the best. But, it is certainly better than android. The day android ditches java and uses the real linux kernel is the day it will be perfect.

I prefer iOS as it is what i do for a job, it is what ive always done, there are challanges in reversing and ROP, and its an interesting platform. If you wish to bash on BSD (which is what iOS is based on, not Darwin), please know what youre talking about.

Also, xnu has been a better kernel than the 3.1 linux series in my eyes. 2.6 was the better one.

Moto G, and Samsung Galaxy Exhibit.

[Image: 5rZ084A.jpg]

Samsung GT-E1200 aka Dealerphone
my battery lasts a week, how long does yours?

I have a Motorola droid bionic, it freezes up every so often. I need a new phone

Quote:(07-12-2014, 04:18 AM)Oni Wrote:

Regardless of what iOS is based on, you originally stated it was based on Linux. Forgot to correct you in my last post, but Android uses a modified Linux kernel.. Android is also primarily open source, whereas

(despite the fact Darwin is open source).

Unlike what you said, iOS is based off of Darwin, which has code from Apple, BSD, and a couple other places. If you want, you could say it's based off of both, but the code isn't just from BSD. And yes, Darwin does use the XNU kernel. XNU

. Do a little reading, and you'll see that I do know what I'm talking about. But just in case I don't, check the links I've provided you.
Source: (1.12)

As for iOS being better, it's debatable. If you're a texty teenager or a gripey grandmother, it might be great for you - but Android is different. I'd like to argue it's superior. Android has been known for providing end-users with more freedom, control, and options. I can't recall ever having an Android device I couldn't change the wallpaper on, but I can remember having an Apple one (with a boring black background). I've never needed to "jailbreak" my Android device to do basic things, although I've certainly rooted it (and some companies even provide instructions). I've had a few iPhones, and I've also had a few Android phones. I've used both, but I certainly prefer Android.

I like Iphones better, I have owned both and my dad currently some kind of samsung galaxy and he always bitching about it freezing. My mom and I both have iphones and we never had any complainants. I know how to fix iphone screens so breaking it never been a issue. I've used and owned both android and Ios and never really complained about my Iphone while I was annoyed about how much my Android phone crashed and didn't respond as quickly.

Quote:(07-11-2014, 07:54 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

I am not saying that iOS is perfect, nor is it the best. But, it is certainly better than android. The day android ditches java and uses the real linux kernel is the day it will be perfect.

I prefer iOS as it is what i do for a job, it is what ive always done, there are challanges in reversing and ROP, and its an interesting platform. If you wish to bash on BSD (which is what iOS is based on, not Darwin), please know what youre talking about.

Also, xnu has been a better kernel than the 3.1 linux series in my eyes. 2.6 was the better one.

Regardless of what iOS is based on, you originally stated it was based on Linux. Forgot to correct you in my last post, but Android uses a modified Linux kernel.. Android is also primarily open source, whereas

Unlike what you said, iOS is based off of Darwin, which has code from Apple, BSD, and a couple other places. If you want, you could say it's based off of both, but the code isn't just from BSD. And yes, Darwin does use the XNU kernel. XNU

. Do a little reading, and you'll see that I do know what I'm talking about. But just in case I don't, check the links I've provided you.
Quote:The iPhone OS, known as OS X iPhone in its early history, is the operating system developed by Apple Inc. for the iPhone and iPod touch. Like Mac OS X, from which it was derived, it uses the Darwin foundation.

As for iOS being better, it's debatable. If you're a texty teenager or a gripey grandmother, it might be great for you - but Android is different. I'd like to argue it's superior. Android has been known for providing end-users with more freedom, control, and options. I can't recall ever having an Android device I couldn't change the wallpaper on, but I can remember having an Apple one (with a boring black background). I've never needed to "jailbreak" my Android device to do basic things, although I've certainly rooted it (and some companies even provide instructions). I've had a few iPhones, and I've also had a few Android phones. I've used both, but I certainly prefer Android.

Quote:(07-12-2014, 04:18 AM)Oni Wrote:

Really it all just comes down to personal opinion. I find iOS works better for a phone and Android works better as a tablet.

OT: I have an iPhone 4S, I plan on upgrading to the 6 whenever it comes out because this 4S often freezes when browsing through Facebook, along with other apps.

Quote:(07-11-2014, 07:54 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

The day android ditches java and uses the real linux kernel is the day it will be perfect.

Be more vague please. What exactly is the problem with Java, and to that respect why are you even mentioning Java?

I've got a Samsung Galaxy s5. Amazing battery life and hardware besides the front facing camera which distorts pictures a lot.

Quote:(07-12-2014, 04:31 AM)Alex Wrote:

I like Iphones better, I have owned both and my dad currently some kind of samsung galaxy and he always bitching about it freezing. My mom and I both have iphones and we never had any complainants. I know how to fix iphone screens so breaking it never been a issue. I've used and owned both android and Ios and never really complained about my Iphone while I was annoyed about how much my Android phone crashed and didn't respond as quickly.

Unless you have one of the really old Android phones (you know, from when Apple had the better hardware), it shouldn't be freezing. The only Android phone I ever had issues with in terms of performance, was the Motorola Milestone. I've never had issues with Samsung or HTC phones, though.