Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 293 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
What are some good ways to increase router wifi speed?

I am wondering, I need to help a friend.

You cannot run a faster speed than what the ISP Is providing to your equipment.

Is your friend's Wi-Fi Issue due to a drop In signal strength or otherwise.

Quote:(03-11-2022, 09:27 AM)mothered Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

You cannot run a faster speed than what the ISP Is providing to your equipment.

Is your friend's Wi-Fi Issue due to a drop In signal strength or otherwise.
Signal strength.

Quote:(03-11-2022, 02:05 PM)bigblackknees Wrote:

Signal strength.
Has he tried using a

?

Quote:(03-10-2022, 06:44 PM)bigblackknees Wrote:

I am wondering, I need to help a friend.

What determines the range of a Wi-Fi network? There are a lot of different factors: from the router itself (the number and strength of antennas), from the walls in your house, from the number of neighboring Wi-Fi networks, from the location of the router, some other interference, etc. Everyone has different conditions, different walls, etc. The only thing I can advise is to roughly focus on the area of your house. If you have, for example, a one-room apartment, then even an inexpensive router with one antenna with a power of 3 dBi will cope with its task without any problems. Well, if you have a house, or a bigger apartment, then take the device more expensive. Although, the price is not always an argument. I have an Asus RT-N18U router - an expensive one, three antennas, some kind of Asus proprietary function there, which increases the network coverage radius. So, under the same conditions, at the same distance, it shows the result not much better than that of the same D-link DIR-615/A. Which has internal antennas, and it is several times cheaper.

You can try strengthening your wireless network:
- search and change the channel on the router.
- transfer network to the 802.11N operating mode.
- check the transmission power in the router settings.

How to increase the range of a Wi-Fi network using additional devices?
- installing a repeater, or setting up a second router in amplifier mode.
- changing the antennas of the router to more powerful ones.
- buying a new router, switching to 5 GHz.

Get a faster port, your portspeed is limited to the input/output of your devices performance, and available bandwidth/portspeed.

@

, do you still require assistance?

Tell me how’s it been doing today lol

There is no realistic way of doing this and any strengthening techniques are not significant enough for you to see a change. You need better equipment and a plan with an ISP that can support fast speeds, such as Google Fiber.