Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 360 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
What do you guys think is the most secure phone?

Quote:(12-11-2016, 04:07 AM)Ender Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (12-10-2016, 02:22 AM)pvnk Wrote:

Quote: (12-10-2016, 12:54 AM)Ender Wrote:

An update to what phone I chose, I got bored with bidding but ended up finding the Nexus 5X for $110! (Amazon had it for about 2 seconds)

So now I am waiting for it to ship (it'll take a while as I got the international version), when it does I'll put Copperhead on it. (and never ever install GAPPS)

I decided on the 5X as I have very strict price requirements (that got met!)

That phone is pretty shit. Get the OnePlus. You can flash Sailfish on it too.
I would get the OP2 if it would have sailfish, but I already ordered the 5X and am too lazy too cancel it.
If I really don't like it, I can literally sell it for twice the price that I am getting it at.
Best of luck. That phone has a pretty low rating.

Quote:(12-11-2016, 05:01 AM)Kyzer Wrote:

Thanks, but if you are seriously worried about Apple tracking users you have got to be kidding me.

Google play framework continually monitors your phone, wifi and gps details around you.

Have you ever noticed its almost impossible to use android if you do not install their bloatware, it works ... but not many apps will function.

I dont mind if Apple monitors things, at least the phone is closed source so 0days are much much harder to find, unless your name is Qihoo 360 team !
I actually stopped using GAPPS and Google-Related bloatware.

Actually, everything works fine; I'm using F-Droid as my app market and if I ever need anything more, I'll grab an apk for it.
If an app needs Google Play, I'll rarely use it, if I absolutely need to (aka never) I can always patch it with Lucky Patcher. (but I never needed to)

Quote:(12-11-2016, 04:51 AM)Kyzer Wrote:

iPhone is most secure, their bug bounty pays a lot more then others ... WHY, because its way harder to 0day.

Apple tracks their users on purpose, the end.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

iPhone is most secure, their bug bounty pays a lot more then others ... WHY, because its way harder to 0day.

Thanks, but if you are seriously worried about Apple tracking users you have got to be kidding me.

Google play framework continually monitors your phone, wifi and gps details around you.

Have you ever noticed its almost impossible to use android if you do not install their bloatware, it works ... but not many apps will function.

I dont mind if Apple monitors things, at least the phone is closed source so 0days are much much harder to find, unless your name is Qihoo 360 team !

Not everything works fine..... Signal wont work and Moxie wont bloody fix it not to use GAPPS... damnit.

That is a deal breaker for me and the forked version of signal that uses f-droid is a complete POS hack job.

There's several other apps I found as well, deal breakers for me, but hey im glad you have no apps that rely on google framework dude =D

PS. This is now off topic, sorry. I still say Apple is more secure, maybe Android is ok without GAPPS but its unusable for most people.

Quote:(12-11-2016, 05:08 AM)Kyzer Wrote:

Not everything works fine..... Signal wont work and Moxie wont bloody fix it not to use GAPPS... damnit.

That is a deal breaker for me and the forked version of signal that uses f-droid is a complete POS hack job.

There's several other apps I found as well, deal breakers for me, but hey im glad you have no apps that rely on google framework dude =D

PS. This is now off topic, sorry. I still say Apple is more secure, maybe Android is ok without GAPPS but its unusable for most people.

The single killer app is Google Maps, right now I'm using MAPS.ME

But yeah... Off topic.

It really depends on what you are doing on your phone that determines what you will allow. And in that case you need to make the proper adjustments to your devices to fit the situation. As far as bloatware is concerned I see a trend from the Eclair days when bloatware was a big issue coming back but there are so many ways to cut it out now that even the average user can do it.
Simple put ask yourself what are your everyday goals with your phone and then take action as to what you will allow. Because your network is monitored only as much as you allow it to be.

Back to the original question any phone you can unlock your bootloader and have full control over is a plus. The Nexus line and the One Plus are the best phones out there for this purpose. In my opinion.[emoji6]

Quote:(12-22-2016, 03:21 PM)Byrdonawire Wrote:

It really depends on what you are doing on your phone that determines what you will allow. And in that case you need to make the proper adjustments to your devices to fit the situation. As far as bloatware is concerned I see a trend from the Eclair days when bloatware was a big issue coming back but there are so many ways to cut it out now that even the average user can do it.
Simple put ask yourself what are your everyday goals with your phone and then take action as to what you will allow. Because your network is monitored only as much as you allow it to be.

Back to the original question any phone you can unlock your bootloader and have full control over is a plus. The Nexus line and the One Plus are the best phones out there for this purpose. In my opinion.[emoji6]

Even if you use a custom ROM, you still have to stay away from GAPPS and even then, it won't be as secure as a custom designed OS.

See my Paranoia thread about mobile security in the tutorials section.

Quote:(12-06-2016, 09:45 PM)Ender Wrote:

In terms of privacy and exploitability.

The most secure phone is none at all. Next comes the phones supported by the Replicant project (

). After that I'd say the LG Nexus 5. Lineage OS with no Google apps will be good. I did a lot of research on this phone and it doesn't appear to have bad modem isolation. I think Replicant development is a bit dead right now, which is why more devices have not been approved.