Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 822 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
What is the difference between a css boilerplate and framework?

I've been researching some css frameworks to use for my shopify theme, and I keep seeing css boilerplates put into the same category as frameworks.

What is the difference between the two?

There is no difference, it's just two names for the same thing. Boilerplate (in this case) is just a geeky word for a (specific) web layout framework. It could as well be named something else, if the one that coined it felt a bit differently about boilers that day. My guess is it comes from `Boilerplate prototype` (*'a broadly working prototype that is constructed from cheaper or simpler materials'*, according to Wikipedia). It later found meaning in the IT industry in a form of a [Boilerplate code](

[To see links please register here]

). In essence, they're both *'fancy'* words for a `template`, so us geeks can feel better about ourselves.

Not sure if I agree with the above answer.

I agree that "template" and "boilerplate" are different names for the same thing. But frameworks?!

I keep using analogies to help me think. And if I think about the working environment of Monty Python's Terry Gilliam (), I must come to the conclusion that there are in fact differences.

Template/boilerplate: desk with ruler, margins, etc.
Library: cuttings.
Framework: template + library + lights + shooting camera + tape + glass + ....

So, by framework is meant basically ALL the working environment, where we can find templates, libraries, others tools like debuggers, tools for auto-complete, compilers, etc etc.

Does this make any sense?