Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 284 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
What is your preference?

Have to agree that C++ is better due to the OO.

Quote:(07-19-2014, 12:26 PM)Merkuri Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

You obviously aren't familiar with C# development and Mono, if somebody is going to program for Linux or Mac better C++ or Java, Mono isn't as good as Visual C# actually is far far a way from it.

Says who? I've been developing with C# and Mono probably longer than you've been programming in general. And what's wrong with C? Why do you say C++ or Java? I don't see proof that you have much experience or knowledge with any of the languages you seem to enjoy mentioning in your post here to make any such statements that would be reliable. Just because C++ is object oriented doesn't make it by default superior to languages that are not (C# is also an OOP language). You might be forgetting that C++ originally began as an "extension" of C, given by the pun in it's name "C++". If you want a small executable, you'd most likely want to stick with C, or if you wanted a really fast and efficient program, you'd probably write it in C too.

Most people don't understand half of the functionality that C++ gives you anyways, aside from understanding the OOP paradigm by itself conceptually. However, obviously over time, there started to emerge some differences between C and C++ that may allow someone to classify them as somewhat unalike languages nowadays. Ex:\ (sizeof 'a' == 1 in C and 4 in C++)

Quote:Mono isn't as good as Visual C# actually is far far a way from it.

Explain. (And the obvious differences are obvious, so we don't need you to reiterate these.) My point was that you can still write "C# code" and have the output be cross-platform. But a platform specific language doesn't make it a bad language that a programmer should forget learning altogether, that's ridiculous.

Btw, I don't see C# as being officially a Windows only language, any reason for why it should not be used. What if someone is only interested in Windows development (being that it's probably the most used OS out there)? In addition to the fact that it increases productivity because you won't be able to write a program in C++ as quickly as you could with C#. If we wanted a powerful language without much limitations, we'd all be using ASM and ASM only today.

Quote:(07-20-2014, 08:18 PM)0xDEAD10CC Wrote:

Says who? I've been developing with C# and Mono probably longer than you've been programming in general. And what's wrong with C? Why do you say C++ or Java? I don't see proof that you have much experience or knowledge with any of the languages you seem to enjoy mentioning in your post here to make any such statements that would be reliable. Just because C++ is object oriented doesn't make it by default superior to languages that are not (C# is also an OOP language). You might be forgetting that C++ originally began as an "extension" of C, given by the pun in it's name "C++". If you want a small executable, you'd most likely want to stick with C, or if you wanted a really fast and efficient program, you'd probably write it in C too.

Most people don't understand half of the functionality that C++ gives you anyways, aside from understanding the OOP paradigm by itself conceptually. However, obviously over time, there started to emerge some differences between C and C++ that may allow someone to classify them as somewhat unalike languages nowadays. Ex:\ (sizeof 'a', vs. sizeof 'a' in C and C++)

Explain.

Btw, I don't see C# as being officially a Windows only language, any reason for why it should not be used. What if someone is only interested in Windows development (being that it's probably the most used OS out there)? In addition to the fact that it increases productivity because you won't be able to write a program in C++ as quickly as you could with C#. If we wanted a powerful language without much limitations, we'd all be using ASM and ASM only today.
I didn't say "never use C#", I said that it's bad for Linux and Mac OS, probably because the only reason C# is popular is because of .Net and no mater what Mono do, .Net will always be far a way mainly because Microsoft has invest a lot of money developing it. Java is better for Linux and Mac OS because it's cross platform by design (I don't know did you get what I mean with this). As i said Microsoft have invest a lot of money in it, as you may know Microsoft don't really like cross-platform things. C++ is better because a lot of developers put their time and skills to make it reliable for every OS. I don't see why you would like to make a program so tiny that you prefer C than C++, the only such case I see is software for micro controller. With C# I don't have a lot of experience and I don't want to, my experience with Java also isn't huge but enough to know that for Android and Linux Java is far away better than C#. I have learn programming in C and moved to C++. Don't forget who made C# popular. If .Net framework didn't accept it this will be another unused language I can guarantee you. Also there's no base for comparison about programming languages I mean they are like wrench for every bolt you will use the suitable wrench. But C++ "is one of the most suitable wrenches". This is the language which can be used for everything from developing micro controllers thought OS development then developing system software and finally to the app development

There are many cross-platform languages other than Java, I was asking why you specifically chose Java and C++ by curiosity, not because I don't understand the meaning of cross-platform..

Quote:I don't see why you would like to make a program so tiny that you prefer C than C++
You can't come up with any reasons for why someone would want a small executable? :S

Yes Java is better for Android obviously because it's the main language, and there's the most support for Java on Android. I can give you many reasons why you wouldn't want to use C++ over C for OS development though. The main reason is because it's bulky, and thus why you'd never want to use it for the core of an OS. In most cases, you'll probably have some Assembly in there to keep the core functionality compact and efficient.

Sure, you can. But would you use a fork as a knife to cut a piece of steak if you had a knife at your disposal? Most likely you'd be laughed at for being stupid mainly. But this doesn't mean you can't use the fork and knife together either.

Quote:(07-19-2014, 01:08 PM)xlogo Wrote:

Have to agree that C++ is better due to the OO.

It's extremely bloated with OOP, I find no use of it most of the time.
Why have all of these features if you're not going to use them?
I prefer C because it's simple, fast, small, and reliable, and the best language to start learning>OP( The reason for this is because it is S I M P L E and does not contain the fancy OOP and etc )

C# is good for developing high-level apps, it gives you more flexibility with the .NET framework because just about everything is already done for you, howeverr it is marginally slower then C/C++.

I like @xornull

seems to grasp that the fundamental concept of programming is about the fundamentals.

Quote:(07-28-2014, 11:29 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

I like @xornull

seems to grasp that the fundamental concept of programming is about the fundamentals.

The redundancy is real. I feel like you may have not planned this post out, pfbt.

its completely planned. the fundamentals of programming is to having the ability (and expectation) to design and implement the fundamentals of machine design.