Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 457 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
What's your protection set up?

Quote:(04-14-2013, 06:50 AM)Moe Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (04-14-2013, 06:43 AM)Jimmy Wrote:

I use HJT, along with Quick Heal Internet Security.

I don't recommend HJT anymore. Also never heard of the other one.

And why might you not recommend HJT?

Yes, HJT is an outdated product. It's been replaced with OTL.

Quote:(04-14-2013, 06:51 AM)Soup Wrote:

Quote: (04-14-2013, 06:50 AM)Moe Wrote:

Quote: (04-14-2013, 06:43 AM)Jimmy Wrote:

I don't recommend HJT anymore. Also never heard of the other one.

It was posted on HF awhile ago by the MRT mentors.

"I don't even use HijackThis logs anymore due to the lack of information it provides. It doesn't show recently created files, 64-bit registry keys, and it shows that files are missing when they aren't which causes a misinterpretation. There are many other issues I can point out, but I could go all day on that."

Sandboxie is no longer a recommended tool. :|

I use an BitDefender and Malwarebytes combination. I use spotflux as my VPN and use either backtrack or who nix as a VM. I also use sandboxie and run OTL and a Security checker after startup. I perform a manual and automatic scan once a week an have a USB toolkit and multiple bootable CD's which allow me to edit contents of many HDD and shut off processes before startup.

I like to think I am untouchable, but that in itself is impossible to achieve.

Quote:(04-14-2013, 07:00 AM)Soup Wrote:

Quote: (04-14-2013, 06:53 AM)Moe Wrote:

Quote: (04-14-2013, 06:51 AM)Soup Wrote:

"I don't even use HijackThis logs anymore due to the lack of information it provides. It doesn't show recently created files, 64-bit registry keys, and it shows that files are missing when they aren't which causes a misinterpretation. There are many other issues I can point out, but I could go all day on that."
That's why you only use it for removing things off of start up..

Well I mean anyone can remove anything from start up by going to run -> msconfig.

I use AVG AntiVirus and something else (I've forgotten the name of it). My Norton subscription expired so I've been using free antivirus software.

Quote:(04-14-2013, 02:58 PM)Moe Wrote:

Quote: (04-14-2013, 07:00 AM)Soup Wrote:

Quote: (04-14-2013, 06:53 AM)Moe Wrote:

That's why you only use it for removing things off of start up..

Well I mean anyone can remove anything from start up by going to run -> msconfig.

The msconfig like all other system tools can be disabled. It can either be closed upon execution or it can be renamed or deleted.

I'm smart enough to know what I'm downloading, so I only use Malwarebytes.