Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 1236 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
Which CMS should I use to manage a small internet site without programming experiences?

I'm looking for a CMS system to manage a simple and small website. The website will be made with pure HTML and some JavaScript (perhaps prototype library).
The reason while I'm looking for a CMS system is, because the customer will have the ability to change the content later by him self, and of course he didn't have any experiences with HTML and JavaScript or programming any more.

The CMS should be very easy to use, especially the management.

Personally I would recommend [WordPress][1]. Although it's 'marketed' as a blogging platform, it has very nice support for just "pages".

- It's free;
- It's commonly available on cPanel installations, or it's easy to set up on your own server;
- It has very slick editing facilities;
- There's a mass of themes and documentation available.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

A good .Net one is Umbraco...

Have found [Drupal][1] to be very easy and it can grow with you

[1]:

Like stusmith, i'd go with wordpress if the needs are really basics. It's really simple and easy to install then handle.

But if you need a real CMS, Drupal is still not complicated and very powerful.

It also depends on your own level of skills but I would go with a CMS which has a good front end editing implementation so the customer doesn't even have to login to the admi area that often.

you could chose:

- [SilverStripe][1]
- [Joomla][2]
- [WordPress][3] (is not a CMS as such)
- [Drupal][4] (is a good CMS but in my opinion not suitable for your needs since its admin backend is not very easy to understand for non-tech-ppl.)

for not tech-savy end users **I recommend Joomla** though (the 1.5 series) since it is hard to break and components/plugins/etc. are found in a central location (joomla.org), easy to install and easy to uninstall.

[1]:

[2]:

[3]:

[4]:

has demos of a bunch of cms' for you to try.

Personally,

would be my choice for easy of use for non-programmers.

If this site involves e-commerce, I would recommend [Joomla][1], since there's a popular e-commerce plugin for it called [VirtueMart][2]. Joomla has good community support, many plugins, and its features make it very scalable and customizable. Joomla also has good user management. However, using Joomla can be difficult at first, as its content organization is rather complex.

If the site would consist of basic blog-like webpages, then [WordPress][3] is the way to go. WordPress is a very simple blogging CMS with a huge user community. It's very easy to use, has many plugins for it, and the newest version of WordPress even has auto-updating features. WordPress isn't as good as Joomla when it comes to user management, though. For example, Joomla can specify exactly what content users and user groups have access to. WordPress has basic user groups, but additional customization and plugins would be required to have that functionality.

[OpenSourceCMS][4] contains demos for both Joomla and WordPress.

In my past web development experience, I've used both Joomla and WordPress for my clients. Joomla typically requires having a sit-down with the client to go over the basic features of how to use the software, while WordPress is easy enough for the client to figure out without any assistance. However, the WordPress sites I've worked with that require more than the standard blogging features (e.g., e-commerce, image galleries, forums) usually involve integrating WordPress with a separate software application, while Joomla more often than not has those plugins available for it. The end result is a website with several applications on it installed (e.g., WordPress, Coppermine, phpBB), each with separate logins and admin screens.

For a simple and easy website with basic features, I would suggest WordPress. For a website with specific needs (such as e-commerce) and the potential to scale, I would suggest Joomla.

[1]:

[2]:

[3]:

[4]:

One simple cms is for example Zimplit, it has a online editor, so your customers can edit their pages right on site, no admin area,also you can use any html template you want,you can take a look at [demo][1] or read more info about [it][2]

[1]:

[2]:

What about [cuyahoga][1]? It's a .NET CMS web app which has a really simple edit + admin interface + it's very module oriented. It's also easy for developers to create own custom modules.

[1]: