Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 422 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
Which Facebook .NET Library is the best to use?

Just saw that this was released today: [The Facebook SDK from Microsoft][1].

> This toolkit is provided as a Facebook Client Library similar to Facebook's PHP Client Library or Facebook's JavaScript library. The goal is to enable .NET developers to quickly and easily leverage the various features of the Facebook Platform. This toolkit has evolved over time with input from the community and from Microsoft. The latest release (v3.0) includes new architectural improvements and provides an asynchronous interface for using the toolkit from Silverlight and from WPF.

Looks like the best option out there now for .NET deleveopers.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

The one built by the Facebook engineers ?

As I posted on <a href="https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3908765">#3908765</a>, I've found <a href="http://github.com/prabirshrestha/FacebookSharp">Facebook#</a> to be pretty good, though I had to workaround a few things. Not perfect, but certainly a good starting point.

I would suggest using facebook's API directly. When I investigated SDKs several months ago, I found them all to be outdated and quite a minefield to navigate. facebook's SDK follows REST standards, so it should be fairly easy to pick up. Also, all of the pains that come with using facebook's API (e.g. bugs, api changing all the time) are still going to be there when using an SDK, but if you write your own code, it will be easier for you to deal with them. Also, when facebook makes a change (which they do all the time, including another one that they're proposing today), you won't have to wait for the SDK to be updated.

You might want to try a new API that I developed for the social graph [here][1].

It's easy to use and while it will cost you $50 to unlock it will easily save you hours of time fiddling with the other libraries out there. It will also be continuously updates as I use my own library on my core website. That means that you don't have to worry about it breaking, in fact it's designed in such a way that if FB changes their objects it will still work (not break).

Please try it out and let me know how it works out for you.

[1]:

I also started experimenting with Facebook Developer Toolkit (FDT) but dropped it for Facebook.NET. There is a fork of the latter at [

][1] which slowly covers recent changes in Facebook API. Have a look at this post since it has some interesting integration points for Facebook.NET and MVC [

][2]

FDT is made for WebForms mainly and it will take you some time to integrate it properly with MVC. And Matt is right: the documentation of FDT RC2 (last time I checked) was out of date and misleading. If you plan using this anyway check this out also [

][3]

You may also find a promising - still in alpha though - library (Facebook API for .NET) here: [

][4]

latest addition: the only library one should check right now is [

][5]

[1]:

[2]:

[3]:

[4]: