Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 815 Vote(s) - 3.53 Average
Which is the best OS?

Quote:(07-30-2018, 03:26 AM)GoldenSt Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I really don't know!
Windows 10 is popular and widely supported...
But linux distros seem to just.. work better? Eh..

Correct.

While I'm here... what is the most lightweight os? I'm thinking about getting Mint for my old laptop as I can't afford to buy a new laptop. It's become slow with it's pre-Ryzen budget apu but I think I can make use of it with a lighter os.

Quote:(07-12-2018, 07:38 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (06-24-2018, 09:05 AM)r0biba Wrote:

Windows 10, feels kinda secure (atleast more than the previous versions)
serves me right

To the contrary of what others may think, I agree with this comment.

An OS Is only as secure as the end user's configuration. Leave It as It's default state, and It's open to exploitation to some degree.

In addition to this I'd like to add that Microsoft have been upping their game security-wise with the introduction of Windows 10 and its new technology such as Windows Defender, AMSI and other related capabilities. In comparison to open-source software such as Linux, it is no longer feasible nor ideal for code to be reviewed by many people as bugs may still be very easily overlooked despite use of multiple static bug-checking code analyzers and manual human inspection. One of the classic examples I like to use is the Heart Bleed bug. Finally, I'd also like to say that the general cost of purchasing 0-day exploits for a Windows machine is probably much greater than that of Linux because of the difficult nature of vulnerability assessment against Windows' massive closed-source environment.

Quote:(07-30-2018, 05:11 AM)reGEN Wrote:

Quote: (07-12-2018, 07:38 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (06-24-2018, 09:05 AM)r0biba Wrote:

Windows 10, feels kinda secure (atleast more than the previous versions)
serves me right

To the contrary of what others may think, I agree with this comment.

An OS Is only as secure as the end user's configuration. Leave It as It's default state, and It's open to exploitation to some degree.

In addition to this I'd like to add that Microsoft have been upping their game security-wise with the introduction of Windows 10 and its new technology such as Windows Defender, AMSI and other related capabilities. In comparison to open-source software such as Linux, it is no longer feasible nor ideal for code to be reviewed by many people as bugs may still be very easily overlooked despite use of multiple static bug-checking code analyzers and manual human inspection. One of the classic examples I like to use is the Heart Bleed bug. Finally, I'd also like to say that the general cost of purchasing 0-day exploits for a Windows machine is probably much greater than that of Linux because of the difficult nature of vulnerability assessment against Windows' massive closed-source environment.

Absolutely agree.

This Is a prime example of potential vulnerabilities and exploitation of the Windows platform. And we're all aware of the privacy Issues with Windows 10, however we'll never know the full extend- backdoors? Take BitLocker as an example. Native to (supported) Windows versions & editions, but Is there a gateway In upon request by law enforcement agencies? It's question that will remain unanswered.