Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 361 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
Why I use Linux, and why you should too.

Quote:(02-21-2023, 04:09 AM)Drako Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I use Gentoo myself, but I also need Windows from time to time. It's a pain to deal with emulation and virtual machines. Especially since I have a social life and regularly play video games with friends.

Security on the other hand is debatable. The Linux kernel and its programs are regularly exploited. For example, there was a severe CVE in OpenSSL last October. Also, if you're running Linux, you're probably getting packages from a large official repository. That means no going to shady websites for downloads. And on top of that, since most Linux programs are open source, there's much less need for piracy.
Have you ever tried going the Lutris + ProtonGE way? Now I've never used gentoo myself, only Arch. But unless you have an Nvidia GPU, you'll be surprised at how well games run using Proton. It's basically a fork of Wine, primarily developed by Codeweavers (the company Valve outsourced the development to), and following WINE principles, it's not an emulator.

I'm sure you've already heard all about it, but for anyone who doesn't know. Proton functions as a compatibility layer built on top of Wine, which uses a translation layer called DXVK (DirectX to Vulkan) to convert Direct3D, 9, 10, & 11 API calls into Vulkan API calls. This translation allows for a WIDE range of Windows games and other graphical applications that use DX to run on Linux.

The ONLY reason people use Windows is either to play games, or for CAD applications. Well, with the introduction of Proton, you no longer have to!
I'm telling you guys it runs flawlessly, the only downside is certain online games whose anti-cheat won't allow it for obvious reasons(Rust is a good example of this). But for the most part, you'll be shocked at how easy it is to setup and run games practically out of the box. If you haven't please try it!

Proton's great when it works (which to be fair is most of the time) however on the rare occasions it doesn't, it does take a fair bit of tinkering to figure it out. Which is well above the skill of your average Windows user. Unfortunately that's why Linux still hasn't taken off, it really needs to be idiot proof.

I've tried Linux and actually liked it as well. The most I like about Linux is that it offers a greater degree of security than many operating systems and requires no antivirus programs for protection.

Linux is not good software. Even Debian, which is most developed Linux is not good. A lot of old, outdated softwares and various drivers problems.