Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 627 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
FreeCodeCamp - Learn how to code and get a job

I found about

[To see links please register here]

in August, it shows a really interesting model of learning, because they teach you how to code and become a full stack JavaScript developer.

It is a project which will take you about 1600 hours to complete, but I will not explain what they really are and what they offer, so you might want to check out their site.

freecodecamp.com/

You will learn

HTML5 and CSS
Responsive Design with Bootstrap
jQuery
Basic JavaScript
Object Oriented and Functional Programming
Basic Algorithm Scripting
Basic Front End Development Projects
Intermediate Algorithm Scripting
Upper Intermediate Algorithm Scripting
Automated Testing and Debugging
Advanced Algorithm Scripting
AngularJS
Intermediate Front End Development Projects
Git
Node.js and Express.js
MongoDB
Full Stack JavaScript Projects

At this moment I'm finishing Bootstrap module, if you're experienced it should not take that long, however if you got problems you can always join their chat and ask for help.

I would suggest you to read their Wiki for the FAQ

That's it, happy coding.

is this pretty much the same as codecademy, or better?
I'm currently learning through codecademy but i may switch to this since it seems interesting.

edit: just checked the website, this looks like a really interesting idea :tongue:
once I finish PHP on codecademy imma do it.

Quote:(09-18-2015, 09:57 PM)Oxyrus Wrote:

Quote: (09-18-2015, 09:35 PM)Ami Wrote:

I'm currently learning through codecademy but i may switch to this since it seems interesting.

edit: just checked the website, this looks like a really interesting idea :tongue:

In my opinion it's better, because once you finish the course you will create 3 applications for non profits, and you can put those applications in your curriculum, also, their community is really friendly!

The only thing I've noticed is that they don't have as many languages as codecademy. Is there any examples of things made for this?

Quote:(09-18-2015, 09:35 PM)Ami Wrote:

In my opinion it's better, because once you finish the course you will create 3 applications for non profits, and you can put those applications in your curriculum, also, their community is really friendly!

Quote:(09-18-2015, 10:02 PM)Ami Wrote:

Quote: (09-18-2015, 09:57 PM)Oxyrus Wrote:

The only thing I've noticed is that they don't have as many languages as codecademy. Is there any examples of things made for this?

They're going to teach you only 1 programming language, JavaScript.

Since the release of Node.js you can now use JavaScript on the serverside too, that's why it's called "a language to rule them all" because if you learn JavaScript you can code an entire web application with only knowledge on it and HTML & CSS.

Also you can use JavaScript for mobile applications, desktop applications and many more, that's why it's so popular!

Quote:(09-18-2015, 10:08 PM)Oxyrus Wrote:

Quote: (09-18-2015, 10:02 PM)Ami Wrote:

Since the release of Node.js you can now use JavaScript on the serverside too, that's why it's called "a language to rule them all" because if you learn JavaScript you can code an entire web application with only knowledge on it and HTML & CSS.

Also you can use JavaScript for mobile applications, desktop applications and many more, that's why it's so popular!

Hm, that seems interesting. The wiki says it'll take like 2 years though which is slightly putting me off.

Quote:(09-18-2015, 10:21 PM)Ami Wrote:

Quote: (09-18-2015, 10:08 PM)Oxyrus Wrote:

Hm, that seems interesting. The wiki says it'll take like 2 years though which is slightly putting me off.

Because it assumes than your coding experience is 0, if you already know HTML and CSS it wouldn't take more than 500 hours to complete the course. Just today I finished the entire HTML, CSS and Bootstrap modules, now I'm finishing the jQuery one

it's not that hard, you just need patience

Yes, you can check the whole modules list here

By the way, you can also get a

and a

Quote:(09-18-2015, 10:31 PM)Oxyrus Wrote:

Quote: (09-18-2015, 10:21 PM)Ami Wrote:

Quote: (09-18-2015, 10:08 PM)Oxyrus Wrote:

Because it assumes than your coding experience is 0, if you already know HTML and CSS it wouldn't take more than 500 hours to complete the course. Just today I finished the entire HTML, CSS and Bootstrap modules, now I'm finishing the jQuery one

it's not that hard, you just need patience :smile:

ah, so this would be a fun sort of way to learn javascript, node and stuff like that.
Thanks then, I'll be sure to use it after I've done PHP.