Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 663 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
Why do people still shit on Battlefront?

I am a huge Star Wars Fan, I grew up since a wee lad playing the original Battlefront 2, however, it blows my mind how miserable and stupid people have become. They complain about micro transactions. I agree, they are pretty bad. However, Battlefront 2 EA doesn't have any. Am I missing something? I have had so much fun playing that game. Chasing jedi's with a Flamethrower and chucking thermal detonators is the most immersive experience I have ever had. I also never understood why the original Battlefront EA was shit on. Like dude, they literally gave out the season pass for free! I pre-ordered that game and heavily enjoyed it. Not for competitive value, but simply nostalgia. The AT-AT's stomping around, the sound of an orbital strike thumping in the distance, etc. I just can't see how an why it would be rated so bad. Also I have the right to critique this, I am max rank in the first game (over 300 hours), and very high rank in the 2nd game.

I'd played the original Battlefront and it was a great game. Because of all the negativity surrounding EA's microtransactions, I gave the second game a pass. It's not because I'm against microtransactions themselves, it's because of how they were implemented. I recall people saying they spent $100+ just to unlock a specific Jedi, which is enough to buy several other games. I'm not saying the game isn't good, but a large portion of the content is locked behind a paywall, and that's likely where most criticism lies. I do recall they reduced the prices, but the game is likely haunted by its history (kind of like Destiny 2). All that being said, I'd definitely grab it if it was on sale.

Quote:(08-20-2018, 02:29 PM)Oni Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I'd played the original Battlefront and it was a great game. Because of all the negativity surrounding EA's microtransactions, I gave the second game a pass. It's not because I'm against microtransactions themselves, it's because of how they were implemented. I recall people saying they spent $100+ just to unlock a specific Jedi, which is enough to buy several other games. I'm not saying the game isn't good, but a large portion of the content is locked behind a paywall, and that's likely where most criticism lies. I do recall they reduced the prices, but the game is likely haunted by its history (kind of like Destiny 2). All that being said, I'd definitely grab it if it was on sale.

I'm not sure if you were informed correctly, but they removed all the microtransactions a long time ago. There is absolutely none (unless you want cosmetics?), and also the game is only $16 on PSN (with PS Plus) right now. It's extremely fun and I recommend it. The game is over 90gb. I'm still not quite sure I've seen all the maps yet.

Quote:(08-20-2018, 06:24 PM)M00N66 Wrote:

Quote: (08-20-2018, 02:29 PM)Oni Wrote:

I'm not sure if you were informed correctly, but they removed all the microtransactions a long time ago. There is absolutely none (unless you want cosmetics?), and also the game is only $16 on PSN (with PS Plus) right now. It's extremely fun and I recommend it. The game is over 90gb. I'm still not quite sure I've seen all the maps yet.

What I knew was out of date, sorry. When I'd last read about it, they'd reduced the cost of the microtransactions, but not removed them. Would consider getting it if they're removed.

Damn, I had no idea they removed it. Although, I'd be willing to bet money that people are still complaining. There's so much beef in the Star Wars fandom right now. They're angry about Disney, angry about EA, angry the Clone Wars show stopped. I didn't know much about it, but was subjected to several lectures from the younger sibling star wars fan who now hates EA (yet I don't think he's ever played an EA game in his life). I'm curious about it, though I probably would only get it on sale, if my friends also were playing it a bunch.

Quote:(08-20-2018, 10:00 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Damn, I had no idea they removed it. Although, I'd be willing to bet money that people are still complaining. There's so much beef in the Star Wars fandom right now. They're angry about Disney, angry about EA, angry the Clone Wars show stopped. I didn't know much about it, but was subjected to several lectures from the younger sibling star wars fan who now hates EA (yet I don't think he's ever played an EA game in his life). I'm curious about it, though I probably would only get it on sale, if my friends also were playing it a bunch.

I highly recommend giving it a try. I honestly fail to understand why the community gives the game so much beef when it should be addressed towards Disney. The game is trying to avoid the newer aspects created by the movies while using some of it's key features. Trench Warfare on Krait is a BLAST!!!

Quote:(08-20-2018, 10:55 PM)M00N66 Wrote:

Quote: (08-20-2018, 10:00 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

I highly recommend giving it a try. I honestly fail to understand why the community gives the game so much beef when it should be addressed towards Disney. The game is trying to avoid the newer aspects created by the movies while using some of it's key features. Trench Warfare on Krait is a BLAST!!!

I wouldn't know enough about it. But I've noticed there's some hasty attitudes. I'll keep an eye out for it

Quote:(08-17-2018, 10:54 PM)M00N66 Wrote:

I am a huge Star Wars Fan, I grew up since a wee lad playing the original Battlefront 2, however, it blows my mind how miserable and stupid people have become. They complain about micro transactions. I agree, they are pretty bad. However, Battlefront 2 EA doesn't have any. Am I missing something? I have had so much fun playing that game. Chasing jedi's with a Flamethrower and chucking thermal detonators is the most immersive experience I have ever had. I also never understood why the original Battlefront EA was shit on. Like dude, they literally gave out the season pass for free! I pre-ordered that game and heavily enjoyed it. Not for competitive value, but simply nostalgia. The AT-AT's stomping around, the sound of an orbital strike thumping in the distance, etc. I just can't see how an why it would be rated so bad. Also I have the right to critique this, I am max rank in the first game (over 300 hours), and very high rank in the 2nd game.

their gamreess are elitre i love em