Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 1032 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
Windows batch script to recursively extract specific files using 7zip

I have a Directory with multiple `.tar` files which have multiple `.zip` files. The tree structure is somewhat of this sort:

testDirectory
-tarArchive.tar
-directory1
-zipArchive11.zip
abc.XML
1.TIF
2.TIF
-zipArchive12.zip
xyz.XML
a.TIF
b.CDX
-directory2
-zipArchive21.zip
-zipArchive22.zip

I need a single batch script to recursively extract only `.XML` from each `.zip` while maintaining the tree structure(first all `.zip` will be extracted from main `.tar` and then only `.XML` from each `.zip`). Additionally, the processed archives should be deleted afterwards.

I am able to achieve most of it with this code

for /R "C:\Users\frozenfyr\Desktop\test" %%I in ("*.zip", "*.tar") do (
"C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" x -y -o"%%~dpI" "%%~fI" && del "%%~fI"
)

except 2 things:

1. I'm unable to extract `.XML` files only.

`"C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" x -y -o"%%~dpI" "%%~fI"`**` "*.zip" -r`** will
not extract XML files and
`"C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" x -y -o"%%~dpI" "%%~fI"`**` "*.XML" -r`**
doesn't(shouldn't) work because nothing will match in `.tar` file.
Is there a way to do something like
`"C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" x -y -o"%%~dpI" "%%~fI"`**` "*.zip" "*.XML" -r`**

2. The main `.tar` file is not deleted after processing. I tried this
script on `.zip` files and it works(they are deleted after
processing).

I already tried a [powershell script][1] but I'm not very satisfied with it. I feel batch script is easy for me to handle. I even found a [post on SU][2] but it doesn't speak of multiple specific formats/files. I read [Command Line Version User's Guide][3] and considered [`-x` switch][4] but it's not useful.

I can't quote all the references here but I did go through a lot of SO and SU posts and Google was probably not my friend this time. I'm not sure whether SO or SU should be the place to ask this question, I found good references on both communities. I use SO more often so I'm here.

Please help me, this is driving me crazy..

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

[2]:

[3]:

[4]:

I have been able to solve my 1st problem. The second one looks like a little complicated. The `del` command works on archives of smaller size. Because my `.tar` is huge(>1GB), I think the next loop starts to execute before the command could delete the archive. It would be good for me if not anyone else to have an answer here as a guide for future.

Anyway, for the first problem, I found out that I will need to do recursive with switch `-x` i.e., `-xr` and because I had multiple extensions that I wanted to skip, I had to create `ignore.txt` and add all the exceptions there. My complete script looked like this:

for /R "C:\Users\frozenfyr\Desktop\test" %%I in ("*.zip", "*.tar") do (
"C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" x -y -xr@"C:\Users\frozenfyr\Desktop\ignore.txt" -o"%%~dpI" "%%~fI" && del "%%~fI"
)

If i had just one extension that I wanted to ignore, I'd do `-xr!"*.extension"` instead of `-xr@"C:\Users\frozenfyr\Desktop\ignore.txt"`

By the way, `-xr` does not stop 7zip from processing the excluded files, it probably deletes them after extracting because I saw `extracting abc.TIF` on command prompt.

In order to read a zipfile recursively, I am using "Swiss File Knife". In case you have the possibility to install other software on your system, this might be an idea?

7z e -an -air!*.rar -r -oF:\target

extracts all tar files from the current directory's sub folders (recursively) into the target folder F:\target.