Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 617 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
Xbox Series X Shortages Expected Until April

Xbox shortages seem like poor planning on Microsoft's part, given the holidays are approaching soon. Walmart recently got some of the consoles in stock and their site was completely dysfunctional, with the consoles selling out in about 10 minutes.

Quote:You’ll have to wait a long while before you can order an Xbox Series X or Series S without delays. As IGN and Eurogamer report, Microsoft CFO Tim Stuart told guests at a virtual Jefferies conference that he expected Xbox Series X and S shortages to continue into the first calendar quarter of 2021 — that is, through March. You might not see supply catch up with demand until the April quarter, Stuart said.

Microsoft hasn’t revealed how many new Xbox systems it sold around the November 10th debut. It said the Series X and S represented its most successful launch in history, but that’s not completely surprising given the growing console market, the Xbox One’s rough launch and a pandemic keeping people at home.

This won’t be good news if you’re trying to track down a new Xbox for a holiday gift. However, it’s ultimately good news for Microsoft — this suggests that interest is strong enough that the Series X and S will remain hot commodities long after festivities are over. We wouldn’t be surprised if Sony is encountering a similar phenomenon with PlayStation 5 sales. No matter who’s ‘winning,’ it’s a positive sign for those worried that COVID-19 would dampen enthusiasm for next-gen consoles.

Read More:

[To see links please register here]

This just leaves room for Sony to steal some market share from Microsoft with the PS5. That's very poor planning on Microsoft's part. There's a lot of money to be made this time of the year, and Microsoft is losing out on revenue because of their own fault.

But I will say the bots and scalpers aren't making new hardware releases any easier this year for producers or consumers. Nvidia still has a serious scalper problem with their new RTX 30 series. If you lookup "RTX 3090" right now, you'll get listings with RTX 3090s going for upwards of $2,000. That's a $500 price hike from the original $1,499 launch price set by Nvidia. While you can still find some RTX 3060s and 3070s, it's by no means a wide selection. Microsoft and Sony both have the same problems with scalpers. On an Xbox Series X, you can expect to pay at least $800, sometimes $1,000.

But I'm not invested in consoles anymore, so I don't have to worry about them. I don't even get frustrated over new computer hardware. New hardware just gets too expensive for my liking. But the nice thing about computer hardware is that I can wait 1 or 2 years for everyone to move on to the next hot piece of silicon so I can get a good deal.

I think I'm done rambling now.

Quote:(11-21-2020, 07:41 AM)Drako Wrote:

This just leaves room for Sony to steal some market share from Microsoft with the PS5. That's very poor planning on Microsoft's part. There's a lot of money to be made this time of the year, and Microsoft is losing out on revenue because of their own fault.

But I will say the bots and scalpers aren't making new hardware releases any easier this year for producers or consumers. Nvidia still has a serious scalper problem with their new RTX 30 series. If you lookup "RTX 3090" right now, you'll get listings with RTX 3090s going for upwards of $2,000. That's a $500 price hike from the original $1,499 launch price set by Nvidia. While you can still find some RTX 3060s and 3070s, it's by no means a wide selection. Microsoft and Sony both have the same problems with scalpers. On an Xbox Series X, you can expect to pay at least $800, sometimes $1,000.

But I'm not invested in consoles anymore, so I don't have to worry about them. I don't even get frustrated over new computer hardware. New hardware just gets too expensive for my liking. But the nice thing about computer hardware is that I can wait 1 or 2 years for everyone to move on to the next hot piece of silicon so I can get a good deal.

You say rambling but I agreed with everything you've said there. While being out of stock is a great sign of demand... That demand can shift if your competitors convince someone to go for their product instead as they have it available. The scalpers are a major problem. I think companies need to start taking measure to reduce the impact of scalpers.

I also agree on the hardware point. Even if I had the funds to buy something at that price new, what would be the point? These products depreciate in value so quickly as new products are released. However, generally speaking, you get several years worth of use from them before ever needing to upgrade. In my main PC, 80% of the components are Oni's old PC components, that are still running games on ultra despite the fact they're at least 5 years old now.

Quote:(11-21-2020, 07:41 AM)Drako Wrote:

lol how bad did that backfire