Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 471 Vote(s) - 3.37 Average
Xcode 7 UI Testing: Dismiss Push and Location alerts

I encountered a problem with Xcode 7 UI Testing.

The app displays two alerts after my user logs in, the **Request Location** Alert and the **Push Notifications** Alert. Those notifications are shown one right after the other. The Location one appears first.

I try to dismiss them automatically to start my tests.

In order to do that, I add two *UIInterruptionMonitor*, the first one for the Location Alert and the second one for the Notification Push Alert.

addUIInterruptionMonitorWithDescription("Location Dialog") { (alert) -> Bool in
/* Dismiss Location Dialog */
if alert.collectionViews.buttons["Allow"].exists {
alert.collectionViews.buttons["Allow"].tap()
return true
}
return false
}
addUIInterruptionMonitorWithDescription("Push Dialog") { (alert) -> Bool in
/* Dismiss Push Dialog */
if alert.collectionViews.buttons["OK"].exists {
alert.collectionViews.buttons["OK"].tap()
return true
}
return false
}

But only the Location one is triggered, the handler of Push Notifications *UIInterruptionMonitor* is never called.

If I return true in the **Request Location** *UIInterruptionMonitor* as [this other post accepted answer](

[To see links please register here]

) specifies. Both handler are called but the *alert* parameter in both *UIInterruptionMonitor* links to the **Request Location** Alert View so the "OK" button is never found.

How can I dismiss those two successive alerts views?

class BaseTest: XCTestCase {
let pushSent = NSNotification.Name.init("alert.pushSent")
var notificationMonitor: NSObjectProtocol?

override func setUp() {
listenNotifications()
let app = XCUIApplication()

notificationMonitor = addUIInterruptionMonitor(withDescription: "Push Notifications") { [unowned self] (alert) -> Bool in
let btnAllow = app.buttons["Allow"]
//1:
if btnAllow.exists {
btnAllow.tap()
NotificationCenter.default.post(name: self.pushSent, object: nil)
return true
}
//2:
//takeScreenshot
XCTFail("Unexpected System Alert")
return false
}
//3:
//add code for "Request Location" monitor

app.launchEnvironment = ["UITEST_DISABLE_ANIMATIONS" : "YES"]
//4:
app.launch()

}

func listenNotifications() {
NotificationCenter.default.addObserver(forName: pushSent, object: nil, queue: nil) { (notification) in
if let locationDialogHandeler = self.notificationMonitor {
//5:
self.removeUIInterruptionMonitor(locationDialogHandeler)
}
}
}
}

1: Check if you're in the correct alert, tap the button and find a way to remove the monitor (I'm using NotificationCenter)

2: If you enter a monitor and can not find the right button, it means it's an unexpected flow. Fail the test (but take a screenshot first).

3: Add other monitors

4: I am adding monitor even before launching the app. If you add a monitor after the alert appears, it will not be triggered.

**5: Remove the monitor, that way when a new alert appears, the next monitor in the stack will be called.**

P.S: You should add monitors in reverse order, therefore, add "Request Location" after "Push Notifications"

While not ideal, I found that if you simply wait until one authorization dialog has finished before presenting another one in the app, UI tests can pick up multiple requests in a row.

if CLLocationManager.authorizationStatus() == .AuthorizedWhenInUse || CLLocationManager.authorizationStatus() == .AuthorizedAlways {
self.locationManager.requestLocation()
} else {
self.contactStore.requestAccessForEntityType(.Contacts) { _ in
self.locationManager.requestWhenInUseAuthorization()
}
}

I'm actually requesting access to contacts in a different place in my code, but it can handle multiple simultaneous requests just fine.

Then in my test:

addUIInterruptionMonitorWithDescription("Location Dialog") { (alert) -> Bool in
let button = alert.buttons["Allow"]
if button.exists {
button.tap()
return true
}
return false
}
addUIInterruptionMonitorWithDescription("Contacts Dialog") { (alert) -> Bool in
let button = alert.buttons["OK"]
if button.exists {
button.tap()
return true
}
return false
}

app.buttons["Location"].tap()

app.tap() // need to interact with the app for the handler to fire

To dismiss system alert views (ie: **Push Notification**) you can [define custom flags for the testing environment][1].

Then, you just have to change the application's code to avoid specific initialisations (ie: **Push Notification**) :

#if !TESTING
let settings: UIUserNotificationSettings = UIUserNotificationSettings(forTypes: [.Alert, .Badge, .Sound], categories: nil)
application.registerUserNotificationSettings(settings)
#endif

I use this trick in order to be able to take screenshots with [snapshot][2].

[1]:

[2]:

As I noted in [the answer you mentioned](

), you must interact with the application after the alert appears.

> Second, after presenting the alert you must interact with the interface. Simply tapping the app works just fine, but is required.

// add UI interruption handlers

app.buttons["Request Location"].tap()