Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 376 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
Xcode build failure "Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64"

For me, this started to happen after merge conflict.

I tried to clean and remove build folder, but none of it helped. This issue kept happening regardless. Then I relinked the reference by deleting the groups that was problematic and re-added to the project and it worked.

Could also be an `#include <windows.h>` in the .c file that you're trying to compile.

I also encountered the same problem , the above methods will not work . I accidentally deleted the files in the following directory on it .
[![enter image description here][1]][1]

Or

~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/

[![enter image description here][2]][2]

[1]:

[2]:

Under Xcode 9.0b5 you may encounter this because Xcode 9.0b5 has a bug in it where when you add source code, it does not honor the target settings. You must go in and set each file's target manually afterwords:

[![Xcode project with manual target membership illustration][1]][1]

[1]:

In my case, I built a custom framework with Deployment target set to 9.1, but the Deployment target of my app was lower, which supports 8.1. Minimize the custom framework Deployment target solved my problem.

I know it's an old question but today got the same error and non of the above solutions worked.

Have fixed it however by setting option:

Project -> Architecture -> Build Active Architecture Only

to Yes

and project compiles and builds properly

I am late to the party but thought of sharing one more scenario where this could happen.
I was working on a framework and was distributing it over cocoapods.
The framework had both objective c and swift classes and protocols and it was building successfully.
While using pod in another framework or project it was giving this error as I forgot to include .m files in podspec.
Please include .swtift,.h and .m files in your podspec sources as below:
s.source_files = "Projectname/Projectname/**/*.{swift,h,m}"

I hope it saves someone else's time.

in my case I had to add
```
target 'SomeTargetTests' do
inherit! :search_paths
end
```
to my podfile and then delete the /Pods directory and run `pod install`

(Xcode 10.1)

This might help somebody. It took me days to finally figure it out. I am working in OBJ-C and I went to:

`Project` -> `Build Phases` -> `Compile sources` and added the new `VC.m` file I had just added.

I am working with legacy code and I am usually a swifty, new to OBJ-C so I didn't even think to import my `.m ` files into a sources library.

EDIT:

Ran into this problem a second time and it was something else. This answer saved me after 5 hours of debugging. Tried all of the options on this thread and more. <https://stackoverflow.com/a/13625967/7842175> Please give him credit if this helps you, but basically you might need to set your file to its target in file inspector.

[![This is your file inspector, just make sure all the targets you need are "ticked"][1]][1]

[1]:

All in all, this is a very vague Error code that could be caused for a lot of reasons, so keep on trying different options.

Sometime, I forget to copy library from Release-universal and mistakenly copy from Release-iphoneos. Usually Release-iphoneos contains .a file which has been pruned for X86. and so it gives the error.