Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 267 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page without any change

I am working on Wordpress and I completed my project locally. I then moved it to my live server and did not change anything, I just made changes in the config file (database name, username and password).

Now my site is working fine on the front-end but I can't get access to the admin panel as every time it gives me the error message:

> You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

Google searches indicate that most of the errors occurred due to a change in the prefix but in my case its the same as on local. Also, the permissions of my directories are 755 and that of files is 644 but still am facing the same issue.

How might I go about fixing this?

Have you changed the prefix of your database tables? I'm 90% sure, that this is your problem.

The thing is that WordPress uses the `$table_prefix` variable for forming the option and usermeta keys names, where it's storing the roles and capabilities information. So once you change the prefix, but don't update your db, you get this error. Here's how to fix it - execute this SQL command through phpMyAdmin, or a different interface for interacting with your DB(you can do it with PHP as well):

UPDATE `{%TABLE_PREFIX%}usermeta` SET `meta_key` = replace(`meta_key`, '{%OLD_TABLE_PREFIX%}', '{%NEW_TABLE_PREFIX%}');
UPDATE `{%TABLE_PREFIX%}options` SET `option_name` = replace(`option_name`, '{%OLD_TABLE_PREFIX%}', '{%NEW_TABLE_PREFIX%}');

Where:

- `{%TABLE_PREFIX%}` is your current `$table_prefix`(as set in `wp-config.php`)
- `{%OLD_TABLE_PREFIX%}` is your previous `$table_prefix`
- `{%NEW_TABLE_PREFIX%}` is your new(current) `$table_prefix` - it will most-likely be the same as your `{%TABLE_PREFIX%}`.

So if your old `$table_prefix` was `wp_test_` and your new one is `wp_`, you would do this query:

UPDATE `wp_usermeta` SET `meta_key` = replace(`meta_key`, 'wp_test_', 'wp_');
UPDATE `wp_options` SET `option_name` = replace(`option_name`, 'wp_test_', 'wp_');

-----

EDIT: As @Francisco Corrales noted, if you are having troubles accessing an admin page that you created(if you don't write PHP, this is not your case), you can check out this link:

[To see links please register here]

-----

EDIT 2: As @Kasper Souren noted, you might want to add a WHERE clause to the options UPDATE query. Like so(don't remove the `%` after the last `%}`):

UPDATE `{%TABLE_PREFIX%}options` SET `option_name` = replace(`option_name`, '{%OLD_TABLE_PREFIX%}', '{%NEW_TABLE_PREFIX%}') WHERE option_name like '{%OLD_TABLE_PREFIX%}%';

Your problem is not with permission on directories. The fact that you see a "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page" message means three things :

1. you are trying to access an admin page directly but not through wp-admin (so please indicate which admin page you are trying to access),

2. you are already logged in (otherwise you would be redirected to /wp-admin) and

3. the area you are trying to access is reserved for a higher level of user (so you might be connecting with an editor account whereas the area is only accessible to administrators).

Can you tell us if your local database and the online database are the same? Can you log in properly before you see this message?