Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 457 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
are there easy to customize/extend forum web apps?

let's say I want to make a forum that has pretty much all the functionality of a typical high end forum, like phpBB2, but I also want to add a few more features here and there. Maybe I want to add user reputation (kind of like what we have here on StackOverflow) and a button to sort threads or posts based on that in some pages.

Needless to say, I also want to do this without reinventing bicycles or rebuilding pyramids from scratch...

What is the professional approach to this? What would you do if you wanted basically a slightly tweaked, advanced web forum?

I would suggest that you take a look at Vanilla Forums:

[To see links please register here]

I'm biased but I'd recommend looking at Drupal - you seem to want to build a customized system out of existing components and Drupal's module architecture lets you do this quite easily. There are lots of resources on the web for learning how to build community sites with Drupal that a quick Google search will bring up.

You can then use modules like the [User Karma][1] module to create a reputation system

[1]:

Pligg, open source, seems pretty useful for features such as voting up and down posts

BBpress

, integrates with Wordpress and allows for plug ins.

Also,

looks interesting!