Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 614 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
django.db.utils.OperationalError Could not connect to server

I am not sure how to fix this issue

I have no idea why I am getting this error when I try to `runserver`:

Performing system checks...

System check identified no issues (0 silenced).
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function wrapper at 0x1085589b0>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/utils/autoreload.py", line 222, in wrapper
fn(*args, **kwargs)
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/commands/runserver.py", line 107, in inner_run
self.check_migrations()
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/commands/runserver.py", line 159, in check_migrations
executor = MigrationExecutor(connections[DEFAULT_DB_ALIAS])
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/db/migrations/executor.py", line 17, in __init__
self.loader = MigrationLoader(self.connection)
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/db/migrations/loader.py", line 49, in __init__
self.build_graph()
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/db/migrations/loader.py", line 184, in build_graph
self.applied_migrations = recorder.applied_migrations()
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/db/migrations/recorder.py", line 59, in applied_migrations
self.ensure_schema()
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/db/migrations/recorder.py", line 49, in ensure_schema
if self.Migration._meta.db_table in self.connection.introspection.get_table_list(self.connection.cursor()):
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/__init__.py", line 165, in cursor
cursor = self.make_debug_cursor(self._cursor())
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/__init__.py", line 138, in _cursor
self.ensure_connection()
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/__init__.py", line 133, in ensure_connection
self.connect()
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/db/utils.py", line 94, in __exit__
six.reraise(dj_exc_type, dj_exc_value, traceback)
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/__init__.py", line 133, in ensure_connection
self.connect()
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/__init__.py", line 122, in connect
self.connection = self.get_new_connection(conn_params)
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/postgresql_psycopg2/base.py", line 134, in get_new_connection
return Database.connect(**conn_params)
File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py", line 164, in connect
conn = _connect(dsn, connection_factory=connection_factory, async=async)
django.db.utils.OperationalError: could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

When I try to connect to postgres:

psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
Is the server running locally and accepting
connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

settings.py:

DATABASES = {
'default': {
'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.postgresql_psycopg2',
'NAME': 'beerad',
'USER': 'bli1',
'PASSWORD': '',
'HOST': '127.0.0.1',
'PORT': '5432',
}
}

It can be some issues:

1. PostgreSQL is not running. Check it with sudo `service postgresql status`
2. Your PostgresSQl is not running on port 5432. You can check it typing `sudo netstat -nl | grep postgres`

3. You have something wrong trying to connect to your db like the username, the password or the databasename. Check that they are what postgres ask for you to connect it and that is the db_name that you want to access to.

4. Problems with postmaster.pid in postgres. It can happen because of a shutdown unproperly done. It makes to remind a pid alive that doesn't allow your server start. To fix it you have to:

* rm /usr/local/var/postgres/postmaster.pid
* pg_resetxlog -f /usr/local/var/postgres
After this it should run properly if you make the runserver of postgres

Help in Mac OSX:

[To see links please register here]

Try killing all postgres processes. Im on a MAC and this solution that I've found on ubuntus forum really works.

[![enter image description here][1]][1]

[1]:

**For Windows**

Go to search bar and just write "`Open psql`" and hit Enter.

Once screen is opened, rerun django project.

In my case, all was set up well and Postgres had the right port, PostgreSQL was running normally, but the 5432 port was being shared with phppgadmin, I could access the phppgadmin that gives me web access to Postgres database server, but my Django application was not working it would return Connection refused error. so I changed the port number on the phppgadmin config file (/etc/phppgadmin/config.inc.php) to 5433 from 5432 and all worked fine.

Go to aws instance -> security groups -> source -> inbound -> ::0

The following command works for me (Windows)-

pg_ctl -D "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\11\data" restart

Then run server again-

python manage.py runserver

Restarting the server solved the problem on my side.

In case you are seeing this error while using PostgresSQL from Google Cloud follow all configurations as mentioned in

Also separate the HOST configuration as below

DATABASES['default']['HOST'] = '/cloudsql/<your-cloudsql-connection-string>'
if os.getenv('GAE_INSTANCE'):
pass
else:
DATABASES['default']['HOST'] = '127.0.0.1'

This helps in resolving this error.

In MacOS I stopped and restarted postgresql according to the advice given in this StackExchange answer:

brew services stop postgresql
rm /usr/local/var/postgres/postmaster.pid # adjust path accordingly to your install
brew services start postgresql