Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 681 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
help setting up a vpn server on a vps

Is anyone able to do this? I have followed many online tuitorials but cant get any setups working. Have installed pptpd and setup the /etc/ppp.config as well as the /etc/ppp/chap-options and /etc/ppp/chap-secrets but mainly they fail upon checking the username and password. Once i managed to login and connect but had no internet access :S
Thnx OW

In case anyone was interested, i found this script useful for setting up a quick vpn server.

[To see links please register here]

i added

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

third line up from the end of the script; so it saves the details to text file.

Just like the GitHub README says, PPTP has been known as a broken protocol for years and if you care at all about your security you should take the time to set up an OpenVPN server.

Interesting, I normally just use a SSH tunnel, but this is helpful if you want to use openVPN, or similar.

Quote:(01-07-2015, 08:54 PM)blackhatcat Wrote:

Just like the GitHub README says, PPTP has been known as a broken protocol for years and if you care at all about your security you should take the time to set up an OpenVPN server.

openvpn is by far the WORST vpn server I have ever seen. Just because a protocol is referred to as broken does not make it insecure. Anything when used properly can be secure.

Quote:(01-07-2015, 08:54 PM)blackhatcat Wrote:

This.

Quote:(01-13-2015, 08:49 AM)Infinity Wrote:

Interesting, I normally just use a SSH tunnel, but this is helpful if you want to use openVPN, or similar.

They both have their advantages. However, an SSH tunnel relies on your applications supporting SOCKS 5. A VPN has no such limitation.

Quote:(01-13-2015, 07:22 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

openvpn is by far the WORST vpn server I have ever seen. Just because a protocol is referred to as broken does not make it insecure. Anything when used properly can be secure.

PPTP is thoroughly broken.

MS-CHAPv1 was owned 15 years ago, its replacement MS-CHAPv2 was known to be just as weak and was eventually owned, not too long ago actually.

At this point nobody who cares in the least about the communications they intend to protect should be using it.
And it's not a matter of choosing someone's implementation over another; its most serious flaws are in the protocol design and cannot be fixed.