Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 256 Vote(s) - 3.53 Average
jscript runtime error

I have a visual studio 2010 project. It runs from my notebook fine but from my desktop it won't run. The error is Microsoft JScript runtime error: '$' is undefined. Here is the code

function fadeDiv() {
$(function () {
$('#ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_lblStatus').fadeIn('slow').delay(5000).fadeOut('slow');
});};

this machine had visual studio on it, but i had to remove it and reinstall it again because the silverlight SDK had issue. It has been working fine now for a couple of weeks until this code was inserted into our asp.net code using .net 4.0. I've run sfc /scannow and it reported no errors. I've also rebooted. The Jscript file exists amongst other places in c:\windows\system32. This is a windows 7 machine 64 bit. The machine is fully patched. the jscript file that is on my machine in c:\windows\system32 is version 5.8.7601.16982 and 799 KB.anyway.. sure hope someone can help me outthanksshannon

The $ variable is used in a couple libraries - most popularly JQuery. It is not Vanilla Javascript. Try including the JQuery script at the top of your code:

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>