Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 431 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
need tips to protect data from Ransomware

Hi everyone!!!

I want to know the best strategies to protect your data from Malware-Ransomware attack! I follow below guidelines to protect my data(internal & extenal ): (for windows in my case)

1) installed good antivirus
2) take regular backup in usb hdd
3) change extensions names
4) Created system restore points
5) I maintain good free space in each drive so data wont overwrite in the case of malware attack

Also comment any :evil: strange way to protect data :evil: like i've heard that renaming file extension also protect ur data(Note: if Ransomware attack on mft or bootloaded then RIP )

Thanks in Advance

Moved from the Random Discussion forum to Antivirus & Protection.

That aside, I've personally tested

[To see links please register here]

against 10 different types of simulated ransomware attacks, and It stopped each and every one. It's not available to download at the time of this post, but hopefully It will be back online soon.

Quote:(02-15-2021, 03:20 PM)mothered Wrote:

Moved from the Random Discussion forum to Antivirus & Protection.

That aside, I've personally tested

against 10 different types of simulated ransomware attacks, and It stopped each and every one. It's not available to download at the time of this post, but hopefully It will be back online soon.

This site looks down for some time! Any advise like on which concept does it works ?

Quote:(02-16-2021, 07:36 AM)bigboy7788 Wrote:

Any advise like on which concept does it works ?
What do you mean by this?

Quote:(02-15-2021, 03:03 PM)bigboy7788 Wrote:

Hi everyone!!!

I want to know the best strategies to protect your data from Malware-Ransomware attack! I follow below guidelines to protect my data(internal & extenal ): (for windows in my case)

5) I maintain good free space in each drive so data wont overwrite in the case of malware attack

Also comment any :evil: strange way to protect data :evil:like i've heard that renaming file extension also protect ur data(Note: if Ransomware attack on mft or bootloaded then RIP )

Thanks in Advance

I think the best tip in this case is to pay attention on what you download from the internet.
It takes just a bit of responsibility :smile:

But, if you're always dealing with this type of software, than it's okay to do all that in my opinion.
Btw I didn't know that changing file extension can prevent attacks, nice thing.

Quote:(02-16-2021, 09:02 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (02-16-2021, 07:36 AM)bigboy7788 Wrote:

Any advise like on which concept does it works ?
What do you mean by this?

Actually I want to know some manual tactics to protect data from any malware or ransomware attack without being software oriented! As I mentioned in this post that changing file extension also protect your data from Ransomware attack! another thing is encrypting boot loader may also help :wink:

Quote: (02-16-2021, 11:03 AM)ecstasy. Wrote:

Quote: (02-15-2021, 03:03 PM)bigboy7788 Wrote:

Hi everyone!!!

Also comment any :evil: strange way to protect data :evil:like i've heard that renaming file extension also protect ur data(Note: if Ransomware attack on mft or bootloaded then RIP )

Thanks in Advance

I think the best tip in this case is to pay attention on what you download from the internet.
It takes just a bit of responsibility :smile:

But, if you're always dealing with this type of software, than it's okay to do all that in my opinion.
Btw I didn't know that changing file extension can prevent attacks, nice thing.

Thanks for update pal

Quote:(02-16-2021, 12:03 PM)bigboy7788 Wrote:

Actually I want to know some manual tactics to protect data from any malware or ransomware attack without being software oriented! As I mentioned in this post that changing file extension also protect your data from Ransomware attack! another thing is encrypting boot loader may also help :wink:
It's way beyond the scope of this post to explain It.

Time permitted, I'll write a tutorial on one of my Windows-based blogs.

Quote:(02-16-2021, 03:42 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (02-16-2021, 12:03 PM)bigboy7788 Wrote:

It's way beyond the scope of this post to explain It.

Time permitted, I'll write a tutorial on one of my Windows-based blogs.

that will be appreciated :smile: Thanks a lot pal in advance