Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 380 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
"Error 87 the all option is not recognised in this context" using DISM to enable IIS

I am trying to use a bat to enable IIS to run an asp.net application on a windows 7 (professional) 64bit machine and seem to be constantly encountering this issue. I am running the bat file as an administrator. The entry in my bat file I am using is as follows:

%systemroot%\sysnative\dism /online /enable-feature /all /featurename:IIS-ASPNET45

According to the documentation I have read the all switch should enable all parent features needed to needed to run ASP.net 4.5. I've also tried using just `IIS-ASPNET` and `IIS-ASPNET40` all received the same error.

Error 87 the all option is not recognised in this context

I originally tried to do each feature needed to run my application individually but encountered similar issues.

You have 2 problems. The first is that the `/all` flag was introduced in `Windows 8`, and so nonexistent in `Windows 7`. The second is that the `IIS-ASPNET45` feature also isn't a part of `Windows 7`, because `.Net 4.5` came out after it did.

What you need to do is:

- Enable the specific features you need for `IIS` explicitly using `DISM`:

<b>

dism.exe /NoRestart /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:IIS-ApplicationDevelopment /FeatureName:IIS-CommonHttpFeatures /FeatureName:IIS-DefaultDocument /FeatureName:IIS-ISAPIExtensions /FeatureName:IIS-ISAPIFilter /FeatureName:IIS-ManagementConsole /FeatureName:IIS-NetFxExtensibility /FeatureName:IIS-RequestFiltering /FeatureName:IIS-Security /FeatureName:IIS-StaticContent /FeatureName:IIS-WebServer /FeatureName:IIS-WebServerRole

- Register `ASP.Net 4.5` (assuming `.Net 4.5` is already installed):

<b>

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe /i

### ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER
87 (0x57)
The parameter is incorrect.

### The `/all` flag is not recognized as a valid parameter.

dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:IIS-ASPNET /all

**[DISM @ MSDN](

[To see links please register here]

)**

See [l3arnon's answer](

[To see links please register here]

).