Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 730 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
"Git Log" command in Powershell - unable to terminate process

When I type `git log` in PowerShell it prints what looks like a normal response.

But at the bottom it doesn't show the normal working directory that prompts me for a new command, it just shows `:` (a colon) and no command works; not quit, not <kbd>ctrl</kbd> <kbd>z</kbd>, not <kbd>ctrl</kbd> <kbd>c</kbd>, it just prints another colon.

It puts you in a pager (most probably `less` if you installed MSysGit or Github for Windows), because the output you requested is longer than one screen page.

You can scroll up/down/left/right with your arrow keys, the <kbd>Page Up</kbd>/<kbd>Page Down</kbd> keys and the <kbd>J</kbd>/<kbd>K</kbd>/<kbd>H</kbd>/<kbd>L</kbd> keys.

To show inline help, press <kbd>?</kbd> and to quit, press <kbd>Q</kbd>.

You can use a different pager or turn it off if you want to. As [`man git config`][1] points out, you can use the `core.pager` setting to set it to a different pager, or set its value to `cat` to disable pagination for all Git commands.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

If the pager is killed using <kbd>Ctrl-C</kbd> then the pager keeps running in the background and on each newline in terminal it will print a line and `(END)`. So far I have not found a way of saving such a terminal. When I `exit` the terminal, the pager still keeps it alive until I kill the window.

<kbd>q</kbd> works to exit the pager / `less`-command if <kbd>Ctrl-C</kbd> has not been used.

You just need type <kbd>q</kbd> to exit the screen!