Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 292 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
"Test events were not received" when run tests using Intellij

your most likey not tellinig the system how to run the tests.

on your class header define a test runner like this for example:

@RunWith(MockitoJUnitRunner::class)
class MYTest {//...}

or can define junitX runner , etc

For those who still might have this problem using IntelliJ & Kotlin:

Add the following lines to the build.grade.kts.
I hope it helps some of you.

dependencies {
testImplementation(kotlin("test-junit5"))
testImplementation(platform("org.junit:junit-bom:5.7.0"))
testImplementation("org.junit.jupiter:junit-jupiter")}
tasks.test {
useJUnitPlatform()
testLogging {
events("passed", "skipped", "failed")
}
}

PS: without adding the "task." before test{...} I was getting the following error!

> the function invoke() is not found

In my case I had an invalid Gradle JVM configuration (configured jdk was removed from filesystem).

To Fix it had to change Gradle JVM on File -> Settings -> Build, Execution, Deployment -> Build Tools -> Gradle -> Gradle JVM.

It was red due to an invalid JDK path.

IntelliJ version: 2019.2.3

For a Spring boot, gradle project using IntelliJ, my issue was that Spring Boot currently brings JUnit 5 with it. I had also manually installed JUnit 5 as well.

After deleting `compile 'org.junit.jupiter:junit-jupiter-api:5.6.3'` in `build.gradle` my tests began to work again.

make sure you are using the correct @Test annotation which is from org.junit.Test;
Sometimes while auto importing it can get the annotation from some other library. for ex - org.junit.jupiter.api.Test;

Try add

testRuntimeOnly("org.junit.vintage:junit-vintage-engine:5.7.2")

if your tests use the older `org.junit.Test` instead of `org.junit.jupiter.api.Test`

This is the solution worked for me:

File -> Settings -> Build, Execution, Deployment -> Build Tools -> Gradle

Switching Gradle JVM to: JAVA_HOME version 11.0.10 worked.

Before it was Project SDK.
[![enter image description here][1]][1]

[1]:

I ran into this issue and it turned out that I had written JUnit 4 tests in a module that was configured for JUnit 5. The solution was to use JUnit 5 imports in my test class:

import org.junit.jupiter.api.Assertions.*
import org.junit.jupiter.api.Test

For me 'resetting' the Gradle setting worked.

[![enter image description here][1]][1]

[1]:

If you are using Kotlin DSL as your gradle script then adding the following did the trick for me:

tasks.withType<Test> {
useJUnitPlatform() // Make all tests use JUnit 5
}

Explanation: Above idiomatic Kotlin DSL makes all tasks with type Test to use JUnit 5 platform which is required for test to work.