Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 874 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
"The file "MyApp.app" couldn't be opened because you don't have permission to view it" when running app in Xcode 6 Beta 4

Whenever I try to run my app in Xcode 6 Beta 4 I am getting the error:

The file "MyApp.app" couldn't be opened because you don't have permission to view it.

This error appears no matter what simulator or device I target.

I have tried:

- Deleting all Derived Data from Organizer in Xcode
- Repairing permissions on my drive
- Manually elevating the permissions of the built MyApp.app
- Restarting my computer

Has anyone else run into this problem and found a solution?

![Screenshot][1]

[1]:

I would go to the folder where your Xcode docs are and hit command + I to get info. At the bottom, hit the lock to unlock the folder to edit permission. If permissions look good, check the box that says to apply to enclosed folders and let that do it's thing. I haven't seen this personally and not sure if that's what you were saying in your post when you edit the build permissions.

There was a problem with the Info.plist of the project. I created a new project with the same name in Xcode 6 beta 4 and then replaced the real project's Info.plist with the new one. The project then built and ran fine.

Look at the diff, it appears like the plist might have somehow gotten mixed up with a playground's plist. The bundle identifier was "com.apple.dt.playground.iOS-18300-13" and the executable and bundle names were "iOS" along with some other oddities.

This is the full diff in case anyone needs it for reference:

<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>en</string>
<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
- <string>iOS</string>
+ <string>${EXECUTABLE_NAME}</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
- <string>com.apple.dt.playground.iOS-18300-13</string>
+ <string>com.myCompany.${PRODUCT_NAME:rfc1034identifier}</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
- <string>iOS</string>
+ <string>${PRODUCT_NAME}</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
- <string>AAPL</string>
+ <string>APPL</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>1.0</string>
- <key>CFBundleSupportedPlatforms</key>
- <array>
- <string>iPhoneSimulator</string>
- </array>
+ <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
+ <string>????</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1</string>
- <key>DTPlatformName</key>
- <string>iphonesimulator</string>
- <key>DTSDKName</key>
- <string>iphonesimulator8.0</string>
- <key>LSBackgroundOnly</key>
- <true/>
<key>LSRequiresIPhoneOS</key>
<true/>
+ <key>UIMainStoryboardFile</key>
+ <string>Main</string>
<key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key>
<array>
<string>armv7</string>
</array>
+ <key>UISupportedInterfaceOrientations</key>
+ <array>
+ <string>UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait</string>
+ <string>UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeLeft</string>
+ <string>UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight</string>
+ </array>
</dict>
</plist>

What solved it for me was setting **Build Active Architecture Only** from **No** to **Yes**.

In Xcode do the following

Window --> Organiser --> Projects --> The app with the issue --> delete button in Derived Data.

I then cleaned the project and voila

works

I recently meet the same problem for running an old project (initially created in Xcode 4.x) in Xcode 6.0.1.

I fixed the problem by changing the **Architectures** in **Building Setting**s to the default value, which is "**Standard architectures(armv7,arm64)**".

Hope this could help anyone who got similar problems :)

I had this similar problem. Somehow my value for the key Executable File got mixed up. Just change it back to ${EXECUTABLE_NAME} (Under your project > Info). Worked for me!

I'm using Xcode 6 GM. I encountered the same issue.
What I did was to go to Build Settings -> Build Options (you can search "compiler"),
and then changed the option of the "Compiler for C/C++/Objective-C" to Default Compiler.

For me error was in file `info.plist`, field `Bundle identifier`. Somehow it was modified to

`com.myCompany.${PRODUCT_NAME:rfc1034identifier}`

from

`com.myCompany.${PRODUCT_NAME}`

I've fixed it by cleaning a build folder. Just went to 'Product' menu and Option+Click 'Clean'. After that a problem was resolved.