Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 631 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
rvm command not found

I installed rvm with rails, from the official website of RVM, I specified the command suggested by the tutorial.
When the installation my system has rails 4.0.0, rvm 01/23/12, ruby 2.0.0, bundler gem 1.3.5 and 2.0.3
But I need to install ruby 1.9 to practice with a course that I am currently doing. "Rails for Zombies 2"
I try to execute the instruction `rvm install 1.9.3` and the console returns this message:
`rvm: command not found`

some steps to follow:

Prerequisites: Homebrew (should be pre-installed )

1. brew install gnupg

2. Install GPG keys (there is 2 way to install given below, pick any one)

first-way ==>$ gpg --keyserver hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net --recv-keys 409B6B1796C275462A1703113804BB82D39DC0E3 7D2BAF1CF37B13E2069D6956105BD0E739499BDB

second-way ==> $ gpg --recv-keys 409B6B1796C275462A1703113804BB82D39DC0E3 7D2BAF1CF37B13E2069D6956105BD0E739499BDB

3. install RVM

run: $ \curl -sSL

[To see links please register here]

| bash

We will receive a thank you 🙏 message in the console. Quit all Terminal and Launch a new Terminal.

4. $ rvm list

we will get this message (# No rvm rubies installed yet. Try 'rvm help install'.)

5. $ rvm install 2.7.1 (choose any you want to install)

6. $ rvm list

you will find which ruby version currently you are using need to change here as default.

7.$ rvm alias create default 2.7.1

now your version will be set. Enjoy

The latest installation needs the users to be added to the Group `rvm` and then need to login again.

Please note that closing the terminal and reopening is not enough; the user has to logout and log back to take the Group addition in effect.

Adding the user to the Group can be done by:
```
sudo usermod -a -G rvm <user>
```
The binaries can also be at different locations based on the method you followed during the installation.
I had them at `/usr/share/rvm/`

You can also look at `/usr/local/rvm/scripts/rvm`

Then you add this line to the end of `~/.bashrc`

```
[[ -s /usr/share/rvm/scripts/rvm ]] && source /usr/share/rvm/scripts/rvm
```
**Note:** If you are using a shell other than `bash` you may need to add the path accordingly.

For instance, if you using `zsh` shell add the above lines to the `~/.zshrc` file.

I had this problem after installing zsh. I'm a domain user so my $PATH and $HOME are not as straight-forward. What worked for me was

```echo "source /usr/share/rvm/scripts/rvm" >> ~/.zshrc```

Possible duplicate of:

[To see links please register here]

---

**Your problem is** that RVM is not loaded when you open a new terminal.

**To solve this**, run this command line: (**if using login-shell**)

echo "source $HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm" >> ~/.bash_profile

Or this (**if using non-login shell**):

echo "source $HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm" >> ~/.bashrc

Or if you are using `zsh` (and/or oh-my-zsh):

echo "source $HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm" >> ~/.zshrc

This will add the path to RVM to load at each Terminal instantiation. You must either close and reopen your terminals or simply call `source ~/.bashrc` (or `~/.bash_profile` or `~/.zshrc`).