Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 1001 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
using my router to boost connection to hotspot. Is there a way?

I have a router that I no longer use, and it isn't possible to get internet anymore for personal reasons.

The wifi hotspot I use costs around £20 a month but I can use it in a lot of places. The place I connect to at home is very weak and I'm wondering if I can use my old talk talk router to boost it somehow?

I've looked into using it as a slave but can't. I can still login to the admin cpanel etc- and I have an Ethernet cable to plug into it/my computer

Depends on the hardware you have. My dads house was so large a single router would not cover the entire house. He suggested a repeater, but those cut your speed in half. His house was already wired with CAT 5 in the walls, so my solution was to plug a second router into the wall to conect it the first router using the cable in the wall as a backhaul.

You would need a repeater. Alot of routers have a repeater mode, if not you could try custom firmware.

Quote:(06-18-2016, 08:07 PM)Skullmeat Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Depends on the hardware you have. My dads house was so large a single router would not cover the entire house. He suggested a repeater, but those cut your speed in half. His house was already wired with CAT 5 in the walls, so my solution was to plug a second router into the wall to conect it the first router using the cable in the wall as a backhaul.

It's a hotspot, so I can't plug it in via Ethernet

I'm hoping I could make the router auto connect to the hotspot, then either auto login to the service or forward the landing (logon) page to the device when they try to connect/browse for the first time

What router is it?

Quote:(06-18-2016, 08:38 PM)Skullmeat Wrote:

You would need a repeater. Alot of routers have a repeater mode, if not you could try custom firmware.

Id love to try that. Could you help me? My computers wireless has completely cut out and I'm browsing on my phone

Quote:(06-18-2016, 10:24 PM)Skullmeat Wrote:

What router is it?

It's ancient lol

Huawei HG523a
Firmware version: v1.12t
Hardware version: E.1.02

It's a broadband wireless N150 ASDL2+Router

Just post again if you need any more info. Thanks too by the way

So you want to increase the signal strength of the hotspot? It doesnt look like your router is capable of becoming a repeater. It could become an access point, but the requires it is plugged into a modem.

Quote:(06-18-2016, 11:35 PM)Skullmeat Wrote:

So you want to increase the signal strength of the hotspot? It doesnt look like your router is capable of becoming a repeater. It could become an access point, but the requires it is plugged into a modem.

Nah there isn't a modern or anything for this hotspot.
I'll buy some new antennas and a signal booster tomorrow. Thanks for all your help, I wouldn't even know what Google searches to try haha