Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 793 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
what is the best books too read on assembly language ?

Quote:(09-22-2018, 11:11 PM)darkninja1980 Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I'd start with the manual. You don't read it as much as you do skim it and then use it like a dictionary while you write code. That is until you can memorize the instructions and what they decode to.

Quote:(09-23-2018, 04:08 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Quote: (09-22-2018, 11:11 PM)darkninja1980 Wrote:

I'd start with the manual. You don't read it as much as you do skim it and then use it like a dictionary while you write code. That is until you can memorize the instructions and what they decode to.

You didn't recommend your tutorial master list, namely Creating Your First Assembler?

If there's better guides on the net, I'd be very surprised.

Quote:(09-23-2018, 04:38 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (09-23-2018, 04:08 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Quote: (09-22-2018, 11:11 PM)darkninja1980 Wrote:

You didn't recommend your tutorial master list, namely Creating Your First Assembler?

CYFA assumes existing knowledge of assembly language, as do most of my other assembly tutorials. I do have an intro to ARM assembly series, however it's likely not relevant to the OP. "Assembly" is often used to mean "x86 assembly". Learning ARM would only frustrate the OP as many of the features of ARM that make it simple and powerful do not exist for x86 (Conditional execution, s-bit, 3-operand, register numbers, etc).

Quote:(09-23-2018, 04:42 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Quote: (09-23-2018, 04:38 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (09-23-2018, 04:08 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

CYFA assumes existing knowledge of assembly language, as do most of my other assembly tutorials. I do have an intro to ARM assembly series, however it's likely not relevant to the OP. "Assembly" is often used to mean "x86 assembly". Learning ARM would only frustrate the OP as many of the features of ARM that make it simple and powerful do not exist for x86 (Conditional execution, s-bit, 3-operand, register numbers, etc).

I understand your point. I agree with you I would get mad about it. so what kind of manual should I look at ?

Quote:(09-24-2018, 12:33 AM)darkninja1980 Wrote:

Quote: (09-23-2018, 04:42 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Quote: (09-23-2018, 04:38 PM)mothered Wrote:

I understand your point. I agree with you I would get mad about it. so what kind of manual should I look at ?

You should look up the ISA for the architecture you're going for. If you're doing ARM for instance, you would use:

v7:

v7A:

v8A:

Quote:(09-24-2018, 03:22 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Quote: (09-24-2018, 12:33 AM)darkninja1980 Wrote:

Quote: (09-23-2018, 04:42 PM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

You should look up the ISA for the architecture you're going for. If you're doing ARM for instance, you would use:

v7:

v7A:

v8A:

thank you

I will keep this thread open.

There are few great books I can suggest to learn assembly. one of them is "Programming from the ground up" It'll teach you basics of computer architecture and assembly. Also you can follow the book "Practical malware analysis " It also have many great articles on assembly. Also you can follow "assembly and fundamentals of C" book. I hope they'll help you. :-D

Quote:(09-22-2018, 11:11 PM)darkninja1980 Wrote:

Here are some best books for you to read on assembly language:
1. Programming from the Ground Up by Jonathan Bartlett
2. Reverse Engineering for Beginners by Dennis Yurichev
3. PC Assembly Language by Paul Carter
4. The Art of Assembly Language Programming by Randall Hyde

If you want me to pick one for you than you must go with "Reverse Engineering for Beginners by Dennis Yurichev". It is one of the best book that I personally used to read for assembly language.