Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 762 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Is it possible to batch updates in Sequel?

Is it possible to make many updates in a single call using [Sequel][1]?

For instance, making about 200 updates could take several minutes on my server, but if I forge a single SQL query it runs in a matter of seconds. I wonder if Sequel could be used to forge that SQL query or even better, do the whole operation one shot by itself.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

The solution I've come across involves the update_sql method. Instead of doing the operation itself, it output raw SQL queries. To batch multiple updates, just join these with ; in between, call the run method with the resulting string and you're all set.

The batching solution is WAY faster than multiple updates.

You can use `Datset#import`

"Inserts multiple records into the associated table. This method can be used to efficiently insert a large number of records into a table in a single query if the database supports it. Inserts are automatically wrapped in a transaction."

here's an example of how to use it:

DB = Sequel.connect(...)
DB[:movies].import([:id, :director, :title, :year], [[1, "Orson Welles", "Citizen Kane", 1941],[2, "Robert Wiene", "Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, The", 1920]])

`Dataset#update` doesn't work for you?