0Day Forums
How to avoid lint problem "Depend on referenced packages" for gen_l10n/app_localizations.dart - Printable Version

+- 0Day Forums (https://zeroday.vip)
+-- Forum: Coding (https://zeroday.vip/Forum-Coding)
+--- Forum: Flutter & Dart (https://zeroday.vip/Forum-Flutter-Dart)
+--- Thread: How to avoid lint problem "Depend on referenced packages" for gen_l10n/app_localizations.dart (/Thread-How-to-avoid-lint-problem-quot-Depend-on-referenced-packages-quot-for-gen-l10n-app-localizations-dart)

How to avoid lint problem "Depend on referenced packages" for gen_l10n/app_localizations.dart - aliethmoid891561 - 07-21-2023

On my Flutter app, I've got this problem with lint rule : [depend_on_referenced_packages][1]

[![enter image description here][2]][2]

This file is generated here

[![enter image description here][3]][3]

Do you have any idea how to solve this without passing by ignore 'depend_on_referenced_packages' ?

in my pubspec.yaml, I only have this :

[![enter image description here][4]][4]

Thanks a lot

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

[2]:

[3]:

[4]:

RE: How to avoid lint problem "Depend on referenced packages" for gen_l10n/app_localizations.dart - Mruncommunicating922 - 07-21-2023

Based on the [documentation](

), it seems that just having a dependency on `flutter_localizations` only is not enough. Your dependencies should look like this:

```
dependencies:
flutter:
sdk: flutter
flutter_localizations:
sdk: flutter
intl: ^0.17.0 # Add this line
```

RE: How to avoid lint problem "Depend on referenced packages" for gen_l10n/app_localizations.dart - hoplomachos3631 - 07-21-2023

I don't know how to ignore only generated packages, but this is how you turn off the rule entirely:
1. Create a file `analysis_options.yaml` in your project root.
2. Paste this:

```
include: package:flutter_lints/flutter.yaml

linter:
rules:
depend_on_referenced_packages: false
```
Additional information about this file can be found at

RE: How to avoid lint problem "Depend on referenced packages" for gen_l10n/app_localizations.dart - supervisionarylxoiahz - 07-21-2023

I'm using `collection.dart` more than a dozen places in my app and recently after the Flutter 3.0 upgrade this lint started to pop up for me. I think `depend_on_referenced_packages` is a really useful lint to warn you about unnecessary imports. I would never turn it off entirely for the project (@EzPizza's answer).

You can suppress the lint for an affected file by adding this comment to the file:

`// ignore_for_file: depend_on_referenced_packages`

But it's even better to fix the root cause of the problem and include the indicated dependencies into your `pubspec.yaml`. Like for example what @mkobuolys proposes.

RE: How to avoid lint problem "Depend on referenced packages" for gen_l10n/app_localizations.dart - acrefoot840 - 07-21-2023

for me it was because the packages i was having this warning on didn't support flutter 3 yet.

RE: How to avoid lint problem "Depend on referenced packages" for gen_l10n/app_localizations.dart - heparinized78892 - 07-21-2023

this is [the official link][1]

[1]:

you should direct dependency not indirectly dependency.

RE: How to avoid lint problem "Depend on referenced packages" for gen_l10n/app_localizations.dart - josineusez - 07-21-2023

I'm only posting this because the other answers either didn't help me or I didn't understand them.

I got the same warning on a different package, namely page_transition. Here's what I found on why the problem occurs:

> When importing a package, add a dependency on it to your pubspec.
>
> Depending explicitly on packages that you reference **ensures they will always exist and allows you to put a dependency constraint on them to guard you against breaking changes.**

Meaning you are right to look for a solution other than to ignore it.

Here's how I fixed it:
I went to pubspec.yaml and added the following under dependencies:

dependencies:
page_transition: ^2.0.9

You can add the dependency for your package which you would have to look up. I just googled "flutter app_localizations" and this came up, you can see the latest version under the **Installing** tab.
[localization 2.1.0][1]

So, if you're using that package, as an example, you would have to add

dependencies:
localization: ^2.1.0

[1]:

RE: How to avoid lint problem "Depend on referenced packages" for gen_l10n/app_localizations.dart - palatineuw - 07-21-2023

Just add the package explicitly.
1. run `flutter pub add flutter_gen`
2. run `flutter pub get`

For more info, see

RE: How to avoid lint problem "Depend on referenced packages" for gen_l10n/app_localizations.dart - unhousewifely878949 - 07-21-2023

For me, this error occurs because I accidentally put my package name in the dev_dependencies section. Putting my package name in dependencies section fixed my problem.

RE: How to avoid lint problem "Depend on referenced packages" for gen_l10n/app_localizations.dart - lyonnesse1 - 07-21-2023

For me, I **accidentally** put the package `url_launcher: ^6.1.7` under `dev_dependencies:`

**Solution:**

I **removed** the package from `dev_dependencies` and **added** it below `dependencies:`