0Day Forums
Sims 4 Going Free-to-Play - Printable Version

+- 0Day Forums (https://zeroday.vip)
+-- Forum: Game (https://zeroday.vip/Forum-Game)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://zeroday.vip/Forum-General-Gaming)
+--- Thread: Sims 4 Going Free-to-Play (/Thread-Sims-4-Going-Free-to-Play)

Sims 4 Going Free-to-Play - sphincterectomy839303 - 09-15-2022

The game Sims 4 will become free-to-play in October. People that already own the game will be given a "Desert Luxe Kit". Additional DLC will still cost money.

Quote:The Sims 4 is coming up on a decade old and is still going strong, and yet, despite the game’s heavy live-service focus and myriad of expansions, it still hasn’t gone free-to-play like many others of its ilk have. Well, that changes soon, as EA has announced

[To see links please register here]

"We’ve welcomed millions of players to The Sims and watched in awe as they unleashed their imaginations, discovered and connected with ideas, experiences and versions of themselves, both in-game and real life. Our community has continued to inspire us with the billions of unique Sims they’ve created, the countless stories they’ve told, and the remarkable builds they've designed.

Read More:

RE: Sims 4 Going Free-to-Play - cuittled316048 - 09-20-2022

Smart business tactic I suppose. The real money was always in the expansions.

RE: Sims 4 Going Free-to-Play - temptable997242 - 10-01-2022

I guess not @"JollyRoger95". They will launch Sims 5 soon enough so they're trying to hype the game and get new players

RE: Sims 4 Going Free-to-Play - basin625 - 10-12-2022

Quote:(09-20-2022, 05:41 PM)JollyRoger95 Wrote:

I think you're right. Much easier to be tempted into dlc purchases as they're smaller purchases and you get bored of base game options kinda fast.

RE: Sims 4 Going Free-to-Play - rited680706 - 10-12-2022

If I remember correctly, the base game was $40. Buying all the expansions individually would cost something crazy - like $700.

RE: Sims 4 Going Free-to-Play - elfin408009 - 04-09-2023

Quote:(09-15-2022, 08:12 AM)Oni Wrote:

The game Sims 4 will become free-to-play in October. People that already own the game will be given a "Desert Luxe Kit". Additional DLC will still cost money.

Quote:The Sims 4 is coming up on a decade old and is still going strong, and yet, despite the game’s heavy live-service focus and myriad of expansions, it still hasn’t gone free-to-play like many others of its ilk have. Well, that changes soon, as EA has announced

"We’ve welcomed millions of players to The Sims and watched in awe as they unleashed their imaginations, discovered and connected with ideas, experiences and versions of themselves, both in-game and real life. Our community has continued to inspire us with the billions of unique Sims they’ve created, the countless stories they’ve told, and the remarkable builds they've designed.

Read More:

yesssss i love this game

RE: Sims 4 Going Free-to-Play - rewears991587 - 04-15-2023

I agree. The DLC's have always been how they made their money.

RE: Sims 4 Going Free-to-Play - amparodfshpuy - 05-23-2023

I hate these infinite DLC games. Sims is seriously a terrible game because of it. What's special about all these DLC's after 10 years. Hope Sims 5 is worth it.

RE: Sims 4 Going Free-to-Play - sanguine740 - 07-03-2023

Nice it's time to redownload it again lol