Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 653 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
How to design database schema for a content management system (cms) with multiple language support?

I am going to build a site with multiple language support, and I need to have the ability to control the workflow of the articles, companies, products. All with multiple language support and multiple versioning.
Does anyone have the solution for this already or I need to start from scratch?

Have you tried looking at the Database models at [Database Answers][1] ?

Of course, you could use MS SharePoint.

Have you looked at:

- [Joomla][2]

> Joomla is an award-winning content
> management system (CMS), which enables
> you to build Web sites and powerful
> online applications. Many aspects,
> including its ease-of-use and
> extensibility, have made Joomla the
> most popular Web site software
> available. Best of all, Joomla is an
> open source solution that is freely
> available to everyone.

- [Open Source Content Management System List][3]

- [OpenCMS][4]

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

[2]:

[3]:

[4]:

As your question is very broad, I will attempt to give you an answer with a simple example. This can be extended to every entity you want to store. Let us assume you have an article entity. <br/>
Article (articleID, langID, ENUTitle, ENUContent, authorID) <br/>

By default you can store English language content in the main table. The same content or translated content can be stored in a separate language translation table.

Article_Translation(ID, articleID, langID, langTitle, langContent) <br/>

example of content

insert into article values ('art101','ENU','New Website for Developers','Stackoverflow is new and useful','BKM')

Insert into article_translation (1023, 'art101','FRA','nouveau site Web pour les développeurs','stackoverflow est nouveau et utile','BKM')

Insert into article_translation (1024, 'art101','SPA','nuevo sitio web para desarrolladores','Stackoverflow es nuevo y útil','BKM')

Depending on your user language preference, content can either be displayed from article table or article translation table <br/>

In general, for every entity that needs translation, you will need a main table and language translation table.