Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 560 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
'Build input file cannot be found' Swift 4.2, Xcode 10.0

I also faced same issue while building my xcode project - "Build input file cannot be found:"
Cause: I renamed my entire project but not the build setting.
Solution: In my project's *build setting--> Packaging*, I updated the path of the info.plist file. Now working fine.

Build input file cannot be found

How to fix this issue?

My Approach:

1. 1.From Project Navigator ->Files ->Add Files to Lowes ->In Finder View, check to which folder this lost referenced file is moved
to and check with your team members if anyone moved it for a reason.If it occurred by mistake
then follow below steps

2.From Project navigator, directly tap on the file which is causing issue.This is the same file that XCode shows as not found in
error .So clearly this file has lost reference and we need to
restore it back

3.The Swift bird folder icon appears in light red color which is an indication of lost reference

4.Right click on it and Delete it

5.Next from Project navigator -> Files ->Add Files to Lowes -> Finder View go to the folder where this referenced file is moved to
and tap on ADD button in popup window

6.Now if you look at the Project Navigator this file swift bird icon appears in bright red , but you will also find an extra file
with the same name at the top of the Project Navigator

7.Make sure you have this file in the right folder if not move it to right folder

8.Now right click to delete the very top redundant file, here do not select " Move to Trash" option.Just select "Remove References" option

This fixed my issue.

A most common error when you move **Info.plist** in another folder.
To fix this error you can select the Info.plist and choose **Relevant to Project** from file inspector.

[![enter image description here][1]][1]

Next step, go to **Build settings** and search for **info.plist** and fix the file path.

[![enter image description here][2]][2]

[1]:

[2]:

I just had to open the project in finder and drag/drop the appropriate files in the project folder

If your file(s) - that couldn't find - icon color is pale. And you right click on it and "Show in Finder" does not open Finder. It means your file name is not same as what you see in the Navigator.
[![How icons of your files show in normal and pale mode][1]][1]

to Solve it, go to where your file exist, and change its name to be same as what you see in the Navigator.

[1]:

For me this worked:

Click the app name under `TARGETS`

Build Settings -> Packaging -> Info.plist File

There change the file location of the Info.plist File to the new location.

DemoApp/Info.plist to DemoApp/Assets/Info.plist

[![enter image description here][1]][1]

[1]:

When I checked out the code first time from the Git I faced the same issue for few pod file. Updating the pod file solved my issue.

1. Open the project folder in the terminal window
2. Run 'pod update'
3. Clean the XCode and run.

In some cases, if you **Refactor** your existing **ViewController** files or any other files using **right-click -> Refactor option** within the ***Xcode workspace*** then on `compiling this error will come` since the File name is not changed in original place but reference is updated, so in that you need to also manually change the old file to new name.

For me something totally different worked:

Go to **Target>Build Settings>Architectures**

[My valid architectures before:][1] **arm64 arm64e armv7 armv7s** (Defaults)

[Changed it to:][2] **armv7 i386 arm64 armv7s**

[1]:

[2]:

I tried going to `Compile Sources` in the `Build Phases` tab and deleting and re-adding the selected file (and cleaning and rebuilding)but it didn't work :( Instead, this following answer worked for me if you get the 'Build input file cannot be found' error message:

1. Delete the affected files in Xcode (I right-clicked->Delete'd in the Navigator)
2. Re-add the affected file (mine was `.mlmodel`) and I selected "Copy items if needed" under Destination.
3. `Cmd-shift-k` to clean and then `Cmd-b` to build
and voila! The file was recognized and error gone!

Hope this helps!