Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 560 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
'Build input file cannot be found' Swift 4.2, Xcode 10.0

In my case I got this error when I renamed a ViewController name using **Refactor**. The view controller name occurrences were changed but the real file not.

I tried to do what @ajji said but it didn't work. So I changed the name of the real file. After that all worked like a charm

I had the same problem with a missing view controller file that couldn't be found after cloning a project in a new folder. I deleted the view controller but the compiler continue asking for a file in a path that doesn't exist anymore.

I solved the problem as follows:

- Select the project target in the Project-navigator,
- Go to Build Phases tab
- In Compile Sources section, check for the file that the compiler is asking for. You can filter by the name at the top right of the screen.
- The deleted file is still on the list with a wrong path, delete it by clicking on the minus icon. You have to do it for all the target you may have.
- In the case that you still use the file, add it on a new path by clicking the plus icon.
- Clean Build Folder in the Product Menu.

It should work now :D

(Objective-C Project / Xcode Version 10.2.1 (10E1001))

**Build input file cannot be found**

**How To fix This issue :**

1. Go in the project-navigator, select your project

2. Select Build Phases tab

3. In Compile Sources section, check for the file(s) that Xcode is demanding of

4. Notice that the file(s) have the wrong path, and delete them by clicking on the minus icon

5. Re-add the file(s) by clicking the plus icon and search in the project.

6. Product > Clean Build Folder

7. Build

I got this error when i renamed a ViewController name using "Refactor". The view controller name occurrences were changed but an old reference was somewhere still existing.

> Deleting **derived data** & **Clean build folder** worked for me.

Here's how to delete Derived data:

File>Workspace settings> Click arrow & remove all folders inside Derived Data.

In my case the file wasn't at the right path, Xcode was expecting to find the input file at a path like `/Users/Malloc/Projects/MyProject/Info.plist` while in reality the file was located at a different path like `/Users/Malloc/Projects/MyProject/Subfolder/Info.plist`.

A quick fix to this is to simply right click on the file then select `Show in Finder`, then drag the file to the correct path Xcode is expecting.

Select general tab and under identity select the info.plist you want for your development

Had the same problem with swift files. Select files that are not recognised and Delete with `Remove Reference` option. Right click in the folder and Add files again.

- Goto Project Navigator.
- Click on project.
- Click on Targets.
- Goto Build Settings.
- Search Prefix.pch.
- Change the location of this file (input the updated location).

This will resolve the issue as mine.

This works if you get the 'Build input file cannot be found error message' and also have files that are red in the inspector:

1. Open your project folder in Finder

2. Make a copy of the affected files onto your Desktop

3. Delete the affected files in Xcode and then close Xcode

4. Re-Open Xcode and drag your copied files into your Xcode project

This worked for me. Before I got the error message I was re-organising files in the file inspector which gave me that error message and made the files I was moving around turn red. Hope this helps !!

For build file missing i.e. info.Plist :
Under Project navigator,
select(click) Project name and icon,

In middle pane, click target
click blue General tab on top
click \/ Targets
click [Choose info.plist File] button
in pop-up window, select the info.Plist file