Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 235 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
'firebase' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

I am in a bizarre problem, I just updated my Node.js and NPM at the date of 01-Feb-2019. And used the following command-

npm install -g firebase-tools
to install the Firebase CLI

Then on typing either of the code below

firebase login
or

firebase init

it is showing the following error

'firebase' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Please help me. It has already consumed my two days.

Ok. First of all, Bizarre problem has some bizarre solution.
Uninstall your node js and NPM completely.
Then reinstall it, and check, whether it works or not.
Best of Luck

add to .bash_profile
`export PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/bin"`
and run

npm install -g firebase-tools

this worked for me

Make sure you are running command line as an administer.

> npm install -g firebase-tools -f

Using -f for force install again.
This work for me

Navigate to the firebase directory and call it out on the cmd.

- run cmd as admin
- cd C:\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\npm
- firebase.cmd login or firebase login
- firebase will prompt a google login after which the issue should be resolved.

There you go. above steps are all commands goes to your command prompt.

Make sure you run the CMD in administrator mode. Also once you have run
npm install -g firebase-tools commands close the CMD prompt and reopen again. If this doesn't work uninstall node and reinstall it again. It requires your node version to be a minimum version to support firebase.

For peeps like me who were unable to get rid of this problem after trying everything suggested above.
I know it is late but I Fixed it by changing the location for installing my packages.
I ran the command "npm config get prefix" in cmd and I found out that my default location for node_modules installation had been changed.
so I set it back to default by "npm config set prefix "C:\Users\your_PC_Name\AppData\Roaming\npm".
After that I used "npm install -g firebase-tools" again

My firebase package was installed. I was relieved to see firebase.cmd file in npm folder.
Earlier I had tried every thing like uninstalling node.js and deleting npm and npm cache folders but all those methods didn't work for me.

[To see links please register here]

this discussion worked for me only.

all of the Simple and Quick solution is here... step1): just go to C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\npm step2): copy the path of this "npm"-folder step3): now go to start and type "env" and select first-option then step4): now paste that path in "paths"-option by clicking on "edit"-button step5): then click on "ok" and restart your pc

I had similar issue in MAC. Terminal was giving me *command not found message* on running "firebase --version". So, I tried to reinstall the firebase with the command: "sudo npm i g firebase-tools" but it again errored out stating that the installed firebase binary file is corrupted.

**Solution**:
STEP 1. Provide read, write and execute access with "sudo chmod a+rwx configstore" cmd to the path :

"/Users/<User-Name>/.config/configstore/"

STEP 2. Run following command to update firebase:

sudo curl -sL firebase.tools | upgrade=true bash