Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 701 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
'gulp' is not recognized as an internal or external command

I am trying to use [Gulp][1] and [Node.Js][2] to stream my process for minifying and concatenating CSS/JS files for production.

Here is what I have done.

1. I installed [Node.Js][2] on my Windows 7 machine.
2. Installed Gulp globally using this command `npm install -g gulp`
3. Then I added a new User variable called `NODE_PATH` set it to `%AppData%\npm\node_modules`

After closing and re-opening my command line, I tried to run a gulp task from the command line (i.e. `gulp css`). But that give me the following error

'gulp' is not recognized as an internal or external command

How can I get this to work?

When I opened the following path using the search bar in windows,
`%AppData%\npm\node_modules` I see the following two folders

gulp
gulp-cli

[![enter image description here][3]][3]

I've tried to add `%AppData%\npm\node_modules` to the `Path` variable on my system variable, but it did not take it because that variable reached it's max allowed character limit.

I removed couple of paths from my `Path` variable and added `;C:\Users\[MyWindowsUserName]\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules`

but still not working.

I even tried to set the path at run time using this command

`PATH=%PATH%;C:\Users\[MyWindowsUserName]\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules`
then run `gulp` and still the same issues.

What am I missing here? What else do I need in order to get this to work?

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

[2]:

[To see links please register here]

[3]:

Sorry that was a typo. You can either add node_modules to the end of your user's global path variable, or maybe check the permissions associated with that folder (node _modules). The error doesn't seem like the last case, but I've encountered problems similar to yours. I find the first solution enough for most cases. Just go to environment variables and add the path to node_modules to the last part of your user's path variable. Note I'm saying user and not system.

Just add a semicolon to the end of the variable declaration and add the static path to your node_module folder. ( Ex c:\\path\to\node_module)

Alternatively you could:

In your CMD

PATH=%PATH%;C:\\path\to\node_module

**EDIT**

The last solution will work as long as you don't close your CMD. So, use the first solution for a permanent change.

I had similar issue when I installed locally initially(w/o -g). I reinstalled with -g (global) and then it worked.

npm install -g gulp

you should run gulp from folder where `gulpfile.js` is available.

Go to `My Computer>Properties>Advance System Settings>Environment Variables>`

Under the variables of Administrator edit the PATH variable & change its value to `"C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\npm"`. Note: The username in the path will be the current Admin user's name that you have logged in with.

In my case, this problem occured because I did `npm install` with another system user in my project folder before. Gulp was already installed globally. After deleting folder */node_modules/* in my project, and running `npm install` with the current user, it worked.

You need to make sure, when you run command (install npm -g gulp), it will create install gulp on C:\ directory.

that directory should match with whatver npm path variable set in your java path.

just run path from command prompt, and verify this. if not, change your java class path variable wherever you gulp is instaled.

It should work.

I solved the problem by uninstalling NodeJs and gulp then re-installing both again.

To install gulp globally I executed the following command

npm install -g gulp

I had the same problem on windows 7. You must edit your path system variable manually.

Go to START -> edit the system environment variables -> Environment variables -> in system part find variables "Path" -> edit -> add new path after ";" to your file gulp.cmd directory some like ';C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\npm' -> click ok and close these windows -> restart your CLI -> enjoy

If you have mysql install in your windows 10 try uninstall every myqsl app from your computer. Its work for me. exactly when i installed the mysql in my computer gulp command and some other commands stop working and then i have tried everything but not nothing worked for me.

I was having the same exception with node v12.13.1,

**Downgraded** node to v10.15.3 and it works fine now.