Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 421 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Android Studio Emulator: cannot add library vulkan-1.dll: failed

When I run the emulator from Android Studio in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, then it shows the below error:

```lang-none
13-01-2021
10:42 AM Emulator: handleCpuAcceleration: feature check for hvf

10:42 AM Emulator: cannot add library vulkan-1.dll: failed

10:42 AM Emulator: cannot add library vulkan-1.dll: failed

10:42 AM Emulator: Process finished with exit code -1073741819 (0xC0000005)
```

And the emulator is not opening. I've uninstalled the current version (4.1.1) and installed 4.0.1 of Android Studio, but problem is not solved. Now I'm in the latest version of Android Studio i.e., 4.1.1.

Here is output of `flutter doctor`:

![Flutter doctor output Image][1]

[1]:

[2]:

[To see links please register here]

I got the same error yesterday, when I installed the latest version of Android Studio (4.2.2 on the stable channel). Every time I tried to start an Emulator I got a warning saying that "The emulator process for AVD was killed", after looking the IDE's Log, I found this:

2021-07-01 18:00:48,415 [ 62545] INFO - manager.EmulatorProcessHandler - Emulator: cannot add library vulkan-1.dll: failed
2021-07-01 18:00:48,415 [ 62545] INFO - manager.EmulatorProcessHandler - Emulator: cannot add library vulkan-1.dll: failed
2021-07-01 18:00:48,668 [ 62798] INFO - manager.EmulatorProcessHandler - Emulator: emulator: Android emulator version 30.7.5.0 (build_id 7491168) (CL:N/A)
2021-07-01 18:00:48,676 [ 62806] INFO - manager.EmulatorProcessHandler - Emulator: Process finished with exit code -1073741819 (0xC0000005)
2021-07-01 18:00:48,676 [ 62806] WARN - manager.EmulatorProcessHandler - Emulator terminated with exit code -1073741819

I tried every "solution" I could find but nothing worked until I downloaded vulkan-1.dll and placed it in C:\Windows\System32

Just go to Google and search for vulkan-1.dll file, download it and place it in C:\Windows\System32

With the following Android SDK and Tooling:

[SDk Tools Setup][1]

[SDK Platforms Setup][2]

[SDK Folder Structure][3]

[1]:

[2]:

[3]:

I have the above directory structure for the SDK and I have a folder for the vulkan drivers as you can see above. I was able to copy the file: vk_swiftshader.dll to the parent lib64 directory, rename it to vulkan-1.dll to solve the problem

Error:
1. Go to Help -> Show Log in Explorer.
2. Open idea.log file.
3. Go to the bottom of the file.
4. Found: "`Emulator: cannot add library vulkan-1.dll: failed`"

Solution:
1. Download `vulkan-1.dll` from [this][1].
2. Extract and rename dll file names to `vulkan-1.dll`.
3. Paste it in `C:\Windows\System32`

[1]:

If you are running *xamarin.android* in Visual Studio, I strongly recommend uninstall all device simulators and restart Visual Studio and then running your app again.

[Armando's answer][1] is a solution that works. But I don't feel comfortable packing arbitrary DLL files from the Internet into the *System32* folder.

However, based on Armando's solution, I have found a way in which I feel more comfortable - however, it remains a workaround:

1. The "vulkan-1.dll" can be found for example in the software "draw.io" (64 bit). The DLL is available in the installation folder.
2. Copy the DLL into `{ANDROID_HOME}\emulator\lib64\`
3. Start Android Studio and try out the [AVD][2]

[1]:

[2]:

Four steps.

1. Download the vulkan DLL file from the Internet or get it from any comfortable source.
2. Extract the DLL file
3. Place it in c\Users\\[your username]\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\emulator\lib64\.
4. Then rename the file to 'vulkan-1.dll'

Then run your emulator and see it come up.

I have encountered the same problem where emulator.exe ended abruptly with the same lines on the console. After hours of experiment, downgrading the emulator version from Android Emulator 3.7.5 to 30.4.5.0 (build_id 7140946) worked.

I don't think this should be the error vulkan-1.dll is the reason for the process to end abruptly. I am saying this because my logs from a successful run on 30.4.5.0 (build_id 7140946) also showing this dll missing error but continued and the emulator showed up successfully.

```lang-none
emulator: Android emulator version 30.4.5.0 (build_id 7140946) (CL:N/A)
handleCpuAcceleration: feature check for hvf
emulator: WARNING: Your GPU drivers may have a bug. If you experience graphical issues, please consider switching to software rendering.
cannot add library vulkan-1.dll: failed
cannot add library vulkan-1.dll: failed
Failed to open /qemu.conf, err: 2
Windows Hypervisor Platform accelerator is operational
dsound: Could not initialize DirectSoundCapture
dsound: Reason: No sound driver is available for use, or the given GUID is not a valid DirectSound device ID
dsound: Attempt to initialize voice without DirectSoundCapture object
audio: Failed to create voice `goldfish_audio_in'
e:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\emulator\qemu\windows-x86_64\qemu-system-x86_64.exe: warning: opening audio input failed
emulator: INFO: GrpcServices.cpp:301: Started GRPC server at 127.0.0.1:8554, security: Local
audio: Failed to create voice `adc'
Your emulator is out of date, please update by launching Android Studio:
- Start Android Studio
- Select menu "Tools > Android > SDK Manager"
- Click "SDK Tools" tab
- Check "Android Emulator" checkbox
- Click "OK"

emulator: INFO: boot completed
emulator: Increasing screen off timeout, logcat buffer size to 2M.
emulator: Revoking microphone permissions for Google App.
```

FYI. I am running an emulator in a nested VM on the [Hyper-V][1] platform and my GPU version is:

```lang-none
android_startOpenglesRenderer: gpu info

GPU #1
Make: 1414
Model: Microsoft Basic Render Driver
Device ID: 008c
```

[1]:

I have had this problem since update v30.7.5.

I tried this solution:

1. Create the file ~/.android/advancedFeatures.ini (for Windows users path should be C:\Users\<username>\.android\advancedFeatures.ini) with the following content:

Here's how to disable Vulkan apps to talk to the emulator. Add the following lines to ~/.android/advancedFeatures.ini (create this file if it doesn't exist already):

```lang-none
Vulkan = off

GLDirectMem = on
```

For me, the solution was as described in [this Microsoft forum][1].

Create a file under your *.android* directory called *advancedFeatures.ini* and add these two variables:

```lang-none
Vulkan = off
GLDirectMem = on
```

More information on Vulkan support for Windows and Linux can be found [here][2].

[1]:

[2]: