Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 345 Vote(s) - 3.58 Average
Anyone know how good these books are?

So Im ordering the following books:
The Art of x86 Assembly
A guide to kernel exploitation: Attacking the core
Anyone actually know how good these books are though?

I'm reading the first one, it's pretty good!
Dunno about the second one.

here are my favorite books:

The Rootkit Arsenal: Escape and Evasion in the Dark Corners of the System
Windows Via C/C++ Fifth edition

Quote:(05-09-2014, 07:17 AM)xornull Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I'm reading the first one, it's pretty good!
Dunno about the second one.

here are my favorite books:

The Rootkit Arsenal: Escape and Evasion in the Dark Corners of the System
Windows Via C/C++ Fifth edition

Number one looks pretty good thanks for the referral. Whereas I can use C for automation on Linux I can only see myself using it on Windows for malware and servers generally run Linux. Not really interested in hacking personal computers.

The second book is pretty good to gain knowledge on windows itself plus it gives code samples,
it's a pretty big book with lots of info in it and It helped me a lot, there are many books on windows but most of them are very old, by far this one is the newest, released just before win7

wikibooks has a good starter guide to x86 Assembly

I wouldn't necessarily read the second one after though, because one book won't help you enough probably.

Quote:(05-09-2014, 11:41 AM)Kosaki Wrote:

wikibooks has a good starter guide to x86 Assembly

I wouldn't necessarily read the second one after though, because one book won't help you enough probably.

I am not completely ignorant when it comes to assembly and I understand memory management to some degree, it not as if this is the first Ill ever read :smile:

All references to books are good though so I thank you for that!

Both of these are great books, and the first is my favorite book for teaching assembler. Definitely recommend them.

Quote:(05-09-2014, 06:38 PM)misnar Wrote:

Both of these are great books, and the first is my favorite book for teaching assembler. Definitely recommend them.

Yah, very excited to get these :p

Quote:(05-10-2014, 08:18 AM)Six Wrote:

First one you should enjoy quite a bit. Nice selection lol.

Have you read it? Is it good?

Quote:(05-10-2014, 08:22 AM)Six Wrote:

Read a bit of it to help with my final project for programming in high school. Its pretty decent, yah.

Cool, you did x86 assembly at high school?