Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 346 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average
EVE Online

Quote:(04-04-2017, 11:48 PM)pvnk Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I'm curious to why they decided to release it for free. (Free to play).

It's not entirely free-to-play, as free players are quite limited. It's more like they're giving out a free trial for the first 5% of gameplay. The best ship (that I know of) you can fly as a free pilot is a Gnosis, which isn't very good. The game has a steep learning curve, so they probably wanted to allow people to try the game out, without throwing $20 down.

I know that the game going free to play has been an improvement for me personally, as I was able to get @"Jiggly" to play and I have been able to sell off assets and gain Plex (AKA gametime). Before it went free-to-play, you had to activate "Hours for Plex" to go in game and buy Plex if your membership was out.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Quote:(04-05-2017, 12:19 AM)Oni Wrote:

Quote: (04-04-2017, 11:48 PM)pvnk Wrote:

It's not entirely free-to-play, as free players are quite limited. It's more like they're giving out a free trial for the first 5% of gameplay. The best ship (that I know of) you can fly as a free pilot is a Gnosis, which isn't very good. The game has a steep learning curve, so they probably wanted to allow people to try the game out, without throwing $20 down.

I know that the game going free to play has been an improvement for me personally, as I was able to get @"Jiggly" to play and I have been able to sell off assets and gain Plex (AKA gametime). Before it went free-to-play, you had to activate "Hours for Plex" to go in game and buy Plex if your membership was out.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

So would payment unlock most if the game or is it one of those pay $400 for DLCs?

I updated the first trailer, with one that was posted today. I watched a couple hours of Fanfest, which is currently going on in Iceland. Looks like they've got lots in store this year.

Quote:(04-05-2017, 12:47 AM)pvnk Wrote:

Quote: (04-05-2017, 12:19 AM)Oni Wrote:

Quote: (04-04-2017, 11:48 PM)pvnk Wrote:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

So would payment unlock most if the game or is it one of those pay $400 for DLCs?

$15-20 a month, or ~1.1 billion ISK a month is enough to cover membership, and in turn unlock most of the game. If you pay for membership, then stop, you still retain all your assets and skills. Only limitations are that you won't be able to fly all of your ships or perform certain tasks.

Quote:(04-07-2017, 12:52 AM)pvnk Wrote:

Quote: (04-07-2017, 12:03 AM)Oni Wrote:

I updated the first trailer, with one that was posted today. I watched a couple hours of Fanfest, which is currently going on in Iceland. Looks like they've got lots in store this year.

$15-20 a month, or ~1.1 billion ISK a month is enough to cover membership, and in turn unlock most of the game. If you pay for membership, then stop, you still retain all your assets and skills. Only limitations are that you won't be able to fly all of your ships or perform certain tasks.
it's one of those...

I've only played a couple years and I make enough for a Plex in just 5-10 hours of gameplay. There's ways of obtaining passive income, as well. With some investment, it's easy to play for free. Personally, I just pay my membership and keep the extra ISK.

Quote:(04-07-2017, 12:54 AM)Oni Wrote:

Quote: (04-07-2017, 12:52 AM)pvnk Wrote:

Quote: (04-07-2017, 12:03 AM)Oni Wrote:

it's one of those...

I've only played a couple years and I make enough for a Plex in just 5-10 hours of gameplay. There's ways of obtaining passive income, as well. With some investment, it's easy to play for free. Personally, I just pay my membership and keep the extra ISK.
$15/month may not be much until it adds up

Quote:(04-07-2017, 01:03 AM)pvnk Wrote:

Quote: (04-07-2017, 01:01 AM)Oni Wrote:

Quote: (04-07-2017, 12:55 AM)pvnk Wrote:

I covered my membership within the first 10 days of return, and have already made enough for half of the next one. It's by no means a free game, but I'd make a guess you could play for free after paying 3-6 months membership.
Not everyone can be rich and powerful like yourself.

I only paid $15 to play again. 3-6 months would cost less than most full-fledged titles at release. Most of the people I play with can easily cover memberships for multiple accounts. [emoji14]

Quote:(04-07-2017, 12:03 AM)Oni Wrote:

Quote: (04-05-2017, 12:19 AM)Oni Wrote:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

it's one of those...

Quote:(04-07-2017, 12:55 AM)pvnk Wrote:

Quote: (04-07-2017, 12:54 AM)Oni Wrote:

Quote: (04-07-2017, 12:52 AM)pvnk Wrote:

it's one of those...

I covered my membership within the first 10 days of return, and have already made enough for half of the next one. It's by no means a free game, but I'd make a guess you could play for free after paying 3-6 months membership.

Quote:(04-07-2017, 01:01 AM)Oni Wrote:

Quote: (04-07-2017, 12:55 AM)pvnk Wrote:

Quote: (04-07-2017, 12:54 AM)Oni Wrote:

Quote:(04-07-2017, 01:05 AM)Oni Wrote:

Quote: (04-07-2017, 01:03 AM)pvnk Wrote:

Quote: (04-07-2017, 01:01 AM)Oni Wrote:

I only paid $15 to play again. 3-6 months would cost less than most full-fledged titles at release. Most of the people I play with can easily cover memberships for multiple accounts. [emoji14]
Not surprised that your friends are rich and powerful.