Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 662 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
First Douglas SE

Hey, two days ago I've ordered a small bottle of perfumes from Douglas and I'm planning to perform SE basing on broken glass method(I bought empty bottle of this exact perfume). It's arriving later today, but I've used packstation* shipping method. Does it decrease chances of SE's success?
How "hard" should I break my bottle? Shall I try to make a small damage just to make it "look" like it could've leaked in transit, or break it "more"?
Also, is there a way in which I could manipulate reps to avoid sending them back box of perfumes? Any ideas?

*packstation is a machine where you can pick up packages 24/7 using phone number and unique code

Quote:(01-27-2023, 02:36 AM)mothered Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote:How "hard" should I break my bottle?
No need for an overkill - just enough breakage to demonstrate It's damaged.

Quote:Shall I try to make a small damage just to make it "look" like it could've leaked in transit
Precisely.

Quote:Also, is there a way in which I could manipulate reps to avoid sending them back box of perfumes?
Given the perfume leaked all over the box, there was no point keeping It, hence you threw It out.

Thanks a lot, I guess "packstation" shipping method doesn't really affect the chances of SE?
I will keep this post updated, maybe it will help someone.

Quote:How "hard" should I break my bottle?
No need for an overkill - just enough breakage to demonstrate It's damaged.

Quote:Shall I try to make a small damage just to make it "look" like it could've leaked in transit
Precisely.

Quote:Also, is there a way in which I could manipulate reps to avoid sending them back box of perfumes?
Given the perfume leaked all over the box, there was no point keeping It, hence you threw It out.

Quote:(01-27-2023, 02:42 AM)papken Wrote:

I guess "packstation" shipping method doesn't really affect the chances of SE?
No It won't.

Glass Is susceptible to breakage, regardless of transportation and storage.

Quote:(01-27-2023, 02:42 AM)papken Wrote:

I will keep this post updated, maybe it will help someone. :smile:
No doubt your experience will benefit others.

Package arrived today, I'm going to write to them or call them in about an hour.
@"mothered" - have you got any idea what to say in case they don't accept my refund? How can I legitimately refund it?

Stick to your story and everything will be fine. It would be strange that you would say I got a smashed bottle and then oh it is not smashed and I want to return it. I don't know where you live but in my country, we have Douglas physical stores, so I would just go to them and would return the bottle.

Quote:(01-30-2023, 10:40 AM)papken Wrote:

Package arrived today, I'm going to write to them or call them in about an hour.
Keep us Informed of all developments.

Quote:(01-30-2023, 10:40 AM)papken Wrote:

@"mothered" - have you got any idea what to say in case they don't accept my refund? How can I legitimately refund it?
I never run out of Ideas.

Tell them that you also received another package (on the same day as the one being SE'd) from another company with similar products. However because you opened the lot at the same time, you confused the Items and It was the other package that contained the broken goods, and not First Douglas. Then return them for a refund at your convenience - obviously within the return window.

Okay, will keep it all in my mind.
I've just collected my package and smashed my "second" bottle(it literally got halved, I don't really know if it's even possible to make that kind of damage in transit) - there is no live chat on site. It is better to call them, or write an e-mail?
Also, what to say about package itself and bubble wrap inside the package? It's the one with "big" bubbles, not tiny ones.

@"mothered"

Quote:(01-30-2023, 12:21 PM)papken Wrote:

It is better to call them, or write an e-mail?
Each has their advantages.

A lot more can be said and done over a phone conversation. In terms of emailing, all communications are saved and you have all the time you need to think of the most effective reply.

Quote:(01-30-2023, 12:21 PM)papken Wrote:

Also, what to say about package itself and bubble wrap inside the package?
Nothing.

Simply say the bottle was broken when received.

Called them, rep that answered my call told me that they will handle it all.
After 2 days someone from complaint department e-mailed me asking if package was broken and if cardboard was wet + they asked me for pictures of the cardboard.

Additionally, they are asking me to fill a damage report at carrier's site and to fill it I need to provide them photos of inner protection(bubble wrap) and explanation if the protection was broken. What do you suggest, @"mothered" ?